We have been experimenting with our little love bugs & their newest quest to share a bedroom. They are obsessed with each other, Eloise looks up to her big sis so much & wants to do everything Harper is doing. Harper always watches out for her & makes sure that she is happy. Except for when she is the one tormenting her, of course.
We moved Eloise's crib into Harper's room, but have the new crib for the new babe set up in the nursery where Eloise currently still sleeps, because Eloise is still bat shit crazy in the middle of the night & we can't subject Harper to that madness quite yet. Observations so far, as we have just barely dipped our toes in the room sharing waters:
1. There are eighty five books/toys/blankets/things in this room but they will fight over one single thing always.
2. Harper thinks of Eloise's crib as a jungle gym, she wants to climb in, fill it with toys & jump in it. I am positive this will happen multiple times at 2am when Harper wakes up with a bad dream that there is a "giant truck in my room!"
3. Their bedtime routine already lasts anywhere between one to two hours, and Harper will gladly drag out for another century asking for different socks, another drink of water, a trip to the bathroom, a tissue & chapstick. I imagine things will get even more carried away as they are in the room together. And Eloise starts talking.
4. I will call it a win the first time Harper gets out of bed to bring Eloise her paci that she has launched across the room & is crying for.
5. I imagine myself creepily watching them on the video monitor as they talk to each other & make each other laugh, it's always funny to see what your kids do when they don't know you're watching.
6. I already want to have slumber parties with them.
And with that, my nap time peace & quiet has come to a screeching halt.
Happy Hump Day, friends! XO