Monday, April 22, 2013

Thirteen & Fourteen Month Favorites

I thought I'd follow the same format as the one year update going forward for each month since Harper is changing so much these days! I swear, every day we tell each other that THIS is the most fun age. She is so full of personality, so silly & totally entertaining.

Age:14 Months
Favorite Foods: Blueberries, Pasta, Grapes, Strawberries, Pancakes
Favorite Words: Nice (pronounced Niiiiiii), What's That? (pronounced W'sat), Wow (pronounced Bwwwwwwow)

Favorite Things: 
Footless Zip Pajamas | With Harper literally running laps around the house lately, we are giving up on footed pajamas & hoarding these footless zip PJs from here on out. It's rare to find them, but they are in season right now with the warmer weather, so we are stocking up!
Aden + Anais Security Blankets | Harper has always gotten her security blanket & paci at bedtime only. She loves them so much & I think it really comforts her to have them. Lately she has been almost weaning herself from her paci, shaking her head no when we offer it or at least spitting it out after just a few minutes. She has become very attached to her blanket though & loves it more than ever. I think these are going to be our saving grace for keeping her happy during naps & bedtime.
Melissa & Doug Piano | This was a gift recently & she LOVES it. It is one of the most annoying toys of all time in terms of sound, but she loves to bang on it all hours of the day. It's also the most fun toy to play with together, since she can sit on my lap & we can play music together. (I learned Yankee Doodle the other day & which makes me feel like a total badass).
Flip & Peek Phone | She carries this with her everywhere she goes. Somehow it got switched to the Spanish setting though & I don't know how to turn it back, so it always says Hola! Which she loves. And tries to repeat. But then just says "ah-ahh" & throws it over her shoulder. I love that it's small so I can throw it in the diaper bag too.
Infant to Toddler Outdoor Swing | This is an absolute MUST for spring/summer if you have the trees/porch space for it. It's so fun for her to be able to swing at home instead of having to venture to the park every time we wanna hang outside. Plus they fit up to 3 yrs. of age!
Gold Bow Flats | This brand of shoes is ideal for first walkers (and kids who are always trying to take their shoes of). I wanted something more versatile for cool or warm weather, so I got these & love them. Harper picks them up every day & brings them to me, sticking her feet out for me to put them on. The cutest thing. Plus they come in gold or silver metallic so they match everything!
Safety 1st Magnetic Locking System | I've already professed my undying love for these to childproof doors/drawers in this post, but seriously. They're so great. We also purchased this Fireplace Hearth Cover which in my opinion is the best out there. I actually fell face first onto a stone fireplace when I was 3 & split my head open. It's not the prettiest thing but it is a must have for safety.



Favorite Activities: Wagon Rides. Mean mugging. Chasing the cat (hilarious video here, you'll hear her saying "nice" at the end, which is what we are trying to teach her for how to pet, it is SO funny).
She also loves watching Noggin videos, every night after dinner while I clean up the kitchen, she watches a playlist of Noggin songs & seriously gets so excited. I actually really like the songs, I think they're so cute & catchy. We don't really watch much TV so this totally gets her undivided attention when I turn it on. 

Least Favorite Activities: Diaper changes, getting out of the bathtub & the word "no" (we get an instant pouty bottom lip from her & sometimes tears). Go figure.

Signature Moves: Walking with her arms straight out (Frankenstein style) making a Chewbacca gurgling "oooooooohh" sound when she wants something. She also squeals at the top of her lungs & crinkles her nose when she gets really excited. Both are most often heard when I get out my chapstick or we are blowing bubbles.

 
In addition to the fake laugh, we also now have a fake sneeze. So funny. (short video here)
Mom's Proudest Moment: Yelling "DUDE!" when the cat tipped over my glass of ice water the other day, which prompted Harper to then yell "DOOOOOO!" Thanking my lucky stars that, for once in my life, I actually watched my language. Parent of the month award? Obvi.
Dad's Proudest Moment: Playing "hats" with Harper's food bowls, which prompted her to pick up the cat's water bowl shortly after & dump it on her head.



Have I already mentioned how much this age rocks? :)
You can find the rest of our month by month favorites here.

49 comments:

  1. great post- that lil piano looks fun! I also love Harpers outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jammies. I might have to look into those. We have a pink little tikes swing and oh my gosh such a saving grace.

    I love how Harper has started saying "Wow" and "What's that". Elle's first words were "hi", "wow" and "what's that" as well. Keep enjoying these moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole post cracked me up!! I always say the same thing...every age rocks! Totally love your posts. I swear if you ever stop ill be LOST! How is Harper doing on napping? Still twice or down to one? I am in the 'no nap ninja' phase and NOTloving it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She is still napping well, we occasionally get a no nap ninja on her second nap in the afternoon, I call her a ninja though because she is still totally silent in there, just playing with her blanket & paci for an hour. It cracks me up. She really is a great sleeper though! I'm almost looking forward to the longer one afternoon nap instead though, especially on the weekends so it frees up larger blocks of time to do fun stuff! :)

      Delete
  4. This really is our favorite age as well, they are just so darn cute and keep us laughing all day at the crazy cuteness. I just love watching my Lil guy get excited over the smallest of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these posts! The monthly favorites are awesome- a serious help in my registry and an awesome "what to expect" for the future. Your blog is super helpful, but it's also fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so funny! cracket up over this post- and love seeing the monthly fav's because my gal is just a couple behind yours. getting the flip phone for jj asap- she's just started putting mine to her head and saying HIIII!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you shop at Costco? We get Hanna Andersson jammies there, and they are all one-piece, no feet.
    Also, we just got some silver See Kai Run shoes as well (different style though, ours are "Victoria") and Ruby looooooooves them too. She tries to put them on by herself, it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never been to Costco! I'm sure I'd love it though! ;)

      Delete
  8. Do you shop at Costco? We get Hanna Andersson jammies there, and they are all one-piece, no feet.
    Also, we just got some silver See Kai Run shoes as well (different style though, ours are "Victoria") and Ruby looooooooves them too. She tries to put them on by herself, it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome post! She looks absolutley beautiful in the last two photos!! You sound like a great mom! I can't wait to come back and look at this when I'm having children :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her facial expressions are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you haven't already seen them, The Children's Place carries the footlies jammies. They are super soft, come in fun prints and are lightweight and perfect for summer! They zip too....because whoever invented kids snap-up pj's should be shot. Side note: we have the same swing but I went girly and bought the pink one! I was thisclose to ordering it from Amazon and then walked into Walmart to see they had them in their seasonal section. Score!
    www.jasonmeandbabyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the video of her chasing the cat is HILARIOUS! I hope my cats are as patient as yours is, haha. I love these updates - it gives me even more to look forward to... even though I already think this stage is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I just tell you how much I love your videos?!!! Harper kills me, between seeing her on here and IG, I can say she is by far the coolest kid around! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We need those Jammie's! The footed ones don't work well on my "I'm too lazy to change you clothes until noon" days with standers and walkers. I can't wait for this age!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie Gannon PsurnyApril 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM

    How cute is Harpie?! And your kitty is so patient! She looks just like my boy cat but he would have freaked...I just watched that video twice and laughed the whole time:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your blog, it actually inspired me to finally make my own. I've been keeping up with it from way back when you were pregnant and I have to say that you have a beautiful family! Congrats on everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is kind of random because this post has nothing to do with what i am asking, but do you use tanning lotion or are you just naturally tan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use L'Oreal Sublime lotion & mix a tiny bit in with whatever regular body or face lotion that I am using. Not all the time, but as we get closer to summer, I like to have a little color. I am crazy about sunscreen though & don't like to get much exposure to the sun since skin cancer runs in my family. I also like the Philosophy facial tanner, it's really gentle & you can use it every day since it does gradual color :)

      Delete
  19. We love the footless pjs too. The Children's Place and Hanna Anderson also carry them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the video! what a good cat, putting up with the kiddo like that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Aden and Anais! Love them so much we ditched all of my son's other blankets and upgraded to all A & A for number two. Of course she hates being swaddled :) Love having your blog as a resource for gifts and clothes for our new little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jessica - I just cracked up at this post! :) You are definitely right - every age seems to get better and better! Thanks for the post. My little one is a few months behind so I love reading what we are in for! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for sharing! my little man is a couple months behind harper, so it's fun to see what we have to look forward to. we also, have the swing and i agree--it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh I love this post so much! Makes me so excited for my little one on the way! Harper is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what do you use for a diaper bag? I'm looking for a new one and having the hardest time finding one I like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Storksak Tania bag & love it!! :)

      Delete
  26. Baby pronunciation is the best! I can just imagine your cutie pie saying W'sat? Adorable! My nephew used to chase the cat around calling her "M-ow!"

    ReplyDelete
  27. Children's Place and Carter's have the cutest footless jams right now (and usually on sale)!

    I think you're the third person who's mentioned that they are loving the A+A security blankets...putting those on my shopping list.

    If you're ever looking for other video distractions for Harper while you clean up, I highly recommend the Baby Einstein "First Signs" sign language video on YouTube (just google it)! I've been trying to teach him to sign for months and every time I turn this on he is instantly glued to it ... plus I know he's learning something at the same time! In fact, I'm pretty sure this vid is what helped him learn how to sign his first word ("more"). It's also in espanol, so bonus points if you want Harper to become bilingual too =)

    And P.S. Thanks for giving me a nice template to follow for my son's monthly (every-other-monthly) updates! I swore I was done at one year, but this age is so fun and I'd hate to not capture them in some form (especially when it comes to favorite things, which seem to change constantly right?!). LOVE how your updates are laid out and so easy/fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am not sure if I'm the only one however every time I try to click on any of your links it leads to to an page that says they cannot process my request. Just wanted to know if I'm alone with this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love reading your blog! Harper is the cutest! Since you posted the video of her and the cat I had a question for you: what did you do to help prepare your cat for the baby's arrival? My husband and I got a cat shortly after we got married and she is our 'kid' so I was wondering so when we do expand our family I am prepared. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love reading your blog! Harper is the cutest! And your post are always making me laugh. Since you posted the picture of Garper chasing your cat I was wondering what you did to help prepare Izzy for Harper's arrival. My husband and I got a cat shortly after we got married and she is very much our 'kid' currently. I was just wondering in advance for when we decide to expand our family. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love these posts! I didn't notice if you had posted previously (sorry if you did) but was wondering if there was any certain baby sunscreen that you'd recommend? I've pretty much loved everything else you recommended that I tried. With summer coming I'd like to pick some up for my 5 month old son. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We used the Aveeno Baby brand last year & I really liked it. I read that it was very gentle for sensitive skin (I love Aveeno products in general). It worked perfect & never bothered her skin! :)

      Delete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. THANK YOU for linking up the footless jammies! I have been on the hunt for these since my Harper is so hot natured and have come up empty handed!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So, I go to Google and type in "footless pajamas for babies" and what is the 28th picture listed? That's right... Thirteen and Fourteen month favorites! So neat!
    Anywho, Sienna absolutely LOVES those little aden+anais cuddle blankets, too! I got them for her before she was born and just pulled those babies out, and she is the cutest thing in the world-rubbing them all over her face and chomping on them when she is super tired. I love these posts, because I can get an idea of things that Sienna might want to play with because Harper has done it first!! I love those chunky little feet! Can't wait to see what she is up to next!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Please post videos of her saying those words so cute and her Frankenstein walk :) Ahhh love the videos. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Pleeeeease post videos of her saying these cute words and her Frankenstein walk. Ahh love the videos. Keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Too cute! The videos are awesome. Glad you have such a kid-friendly kitty! I know one of mine would run and hide under the bed and the other would try to pounce on the little one (as has happened with my friend's 7 month old daughter >_<). Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Haha, I'm dying at poor dad's proudest moment! And glad someone else mentioned the PJs at Costco. They're great, I just hate my kid looks like a stuffed sausage in them!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just came back to look at this post for Ethan and watched the kitty video! Our cats look the exact same and Ethan loves on her the same way Harper does. Also our cars act the same...Whiskers will just lay there and take the abuse. She can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just came back to look at this post for Ethan and watched the kitty video! Our cats look the exact same and Ethan loves on her the same way Harper does. Also our cars act the same...Whiskers will just lay there and take the abuse. She can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just came across your blog - very cute! What brand are those gold flats? They are very cute, and I'd really like to find them. The link isn't active anymore though. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The brand is called Smaller, I got them on zulily but I'm not so sure if they are still available anywhere.

      Delete