Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Decorating the Baby... Etsy Edition!

Most often when anyone asks where Harper's cutest stuff is from... it is always Etsy! :) I love shopping on Etsy, even more so during the holidays! It does take time to scroll through thousands of listings to find the perfect item that you are searching for, but it is always worth it! Also, don't be afraid to ask shops if they can create custom items for you. If you are looking for a blanket in a certain fabric, you can likely ask any shop owner to create it for you! Same goes for headbands, clothing items, paper goods... the list goes on.
This is what makes Etsy so great, not only the creativity & unique finds, but I love supporting small businesses & handmade goods!

So, here is a look at all of my favorite goodies for babies this holiday season!


1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

 Headbands are of course my absolute favorite Christmas accessory for decorating the baby! :)

Jameson Monroe (2) as you may know, is my go-to-shop for custom made headbands! They have such a huge variety of flowers, bands & all the bells and whistles to make the perfect headband to match any outfit around! These creative girls are so darn talented!
The Snootie Pig (7) is one of my most recent headband shop obsessions, with some of the most unique, creative & down right fabulous headbands I've ever seen! We got Harper's Thanksgiving headband here to match her dress & now I am just in love with the Christmas line!

I also had to include a little boys outfit for those of you with cute dudes to dress this season! I totally drool over all of the suspender & tie holiday onesies. This one is just too cute for words! Paired with a little conductors hat, jeans & some cute boots and I'd say you have a winning baby boy's Christmas outfit!

And speaking of headband perfection... get a load of this.


This is one of our favorite headbands from Little Hip Squeaks on Etsy. I am in love with this Christmas tree print... I'd kinda like it to also be on my bed sheets! :)

Christmas Carol Book

Also, if you follow me on Instagram (@jlgarvin) you will know that I successfully painted Harper's toes this week!


Most of you are probably wondering - how in the hell did you get her to stay still long enough?! This kid always sits sideways in her high chair, with one leg sticking out the side. Once she gets in this position, she can't get out of it unless I help her. The other morning, sitting like this, I realized it is one of the only times that her ankles aren't crossed & her feet aren't able to touch anything! So I gave her a bottle & some cheerios, then went to town with this Piggy Paint. It took a couple coats since it is a little watery - but she spent plenty of time eating (and playing with her food) for me to paint them & for them to dry.

Now, when she sits like this with her ankles crossed, she just looks like a little lady.


As my heart explodes into ten million pieces.

43 comments:

  1. oh my gosh those little painted toes are the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the onesie for baby boy! And Harper's toes are the sweetest little things I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW STINKING CUTE IS THAT LAST PHOTO!!! I love your blog and look forward to each of your posts. Harper is a CUTIE PIE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to squeeze those thighs! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh that last picture! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, that's just too precious! I LOVE the headband and her adorable pedicure! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so freaking mad that the etsy shop with the leg lamp shirt is on vacation! I looked the other day and nothin'! Of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I just saw that too!! They have the cutest onesies & dishtowels too!

      Delete
    2. Yea, I saw it on there and said "Oh I'll just order later." Balls!

      Delete
  8. I cannot get enough of those rolls! Literally, she gives me INSANE baby fever!

    -Allie
    Happylittlehockings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last photo is so sweet! she is a sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is probably the cutest little baby ever... I can't even handle the painted toes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica- I have been following your blog for over a year now as I stumbled upon it on pinterest! I'm not a mom...I'm actually in college and all of my friends make fun of me for being OBSESSED with a baby blog!! But I just want to say you and Harper are the cutest and I hope I can be as cool of a mom as you are one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica- I have been following your blog for over a year now as I stumbled upon it on pinterest! I'm not a mom...I'm actually in college and all of my friends make fun of me for checking a baby blog every single day!! I just wanted to say that I am OBSESSED with you and Harper and I hope I can be as cool of a mom as you are one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! I did the same thing in college! Always dreaming of what it was going to be like to have a family one day! I used to follow "Fly Through Our Window" blog like it was my job - I think she has the cutest little family!

      Delete
  13. How cute is that last picture!!!! I have referred so many of my pregnant friends and family to your blog! I love reading :) our babies are a few week apart (my Augustine was born 2/6/12) love!!!! The little boy onsie thanks for putting a link for the little fellas out here gearing up for their first Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love her little pigs---a little lady indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha piggy paint that is adorable. That headband is my fav one so far!! & I acutally made a suspenders onsie just like that for matthew but its with our favorite teams fabric :) But I might make a christmas one now too for fun!! I love etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angela reading your comment made me feel so much better because I am about to graduate college and do the exact same thing! My boyfriend thinks its ridiculous....I SO don't care. I love seeing new posts from you and getting decoration inspiration! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh love the painted tie nails! I need to figure out how to get my three little ladies to sit still of 'get stuck' long enough to paint theirs. Seriously, your little one is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy crap is that too amazing! I. Need. A. Girl!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, I know you love Christmas and Halloween so I have a serious question for you! My family has a Christmas party every year and this year's theme is "dress like a character from a christmas movie." I immediately thought of you! Do you have any ideas for me?? I get a prize if I win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know you love Christmas and Halloween so I have a serious question for you! Every year my family has a Christmas party and this year's theme is "dress like a character from a Christmas movie". I immediately thought of you! So, do you have any ideas for me?? If I win, I get a prize!! :)

    Thanks!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh she's such a doll!! We find out if we're having a boy or girl on Wednesday and you make girls look more fun than I ever thought possible!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE Little Hip Squeaks headbands! Ordered after seeing them on little Harper! Thanks for the tip (as always!).

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love, love, love Harper's little painted toes :). She does look like a little lady when her legs are crossed! Ah, too cute. What kind of camera do you use to take all of Harper's pictures? Do you use an editing program? I just got a Canon T3 to take my son's pictures with!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the tips to shop on Etsy! I am always so overwhelmed by how much stuff is on there and nervous to buy things that are handmade. You've definitely made me want to go on an Etsy shopping spree now! Love the painted toes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the fact that you listed something from Rae Gun. This shop has been my go to for all my nieces and friends having little girls. Their rompers are absolutely darling!!

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cutest little toes and I love those thigh rolls. I too am in love with shopping on Etsy. I swear I could spend hours on there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm having a baby boy in March and your blog is my inspiration for nearly everything! And Harper is the cutest lil girl, if she didn't already have a betrothed, I'd offer up our little Jeremiah ;)

    http://sweetsavvylovin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. She looks so much like Terri in the 1st pic! I love seeing you two and your various family members in her at different times. Toes are cute as hay-ul! -jael

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness! I can't even deal with how cute those lil' pigs are! Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  30. She looks like such a lady with her toes painted and legs crossed! What a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete

  31. Harper's painted little piggies are the cutest! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Paint her piggies while she is sleeping on your lap. I have 2 girls (3 & 9months) I paint their piggies all the time this way. Super easy. She is soooo adorable! - Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh my goodness that is so adorable!! I can't wait to paint my little ones toes when she's a bit older :)

    www.ohsoamelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my god, those toes!!!! And I've never heard of the Baby Lit books... definitely have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I ordered a Piggy Paint gift set last week and I'm so excited to see my niece with some pink chubby toes!! So adorable! And as always, your chalkboard skills are amazing. Loving the playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for sharing! I have a 3 month old baby girl and like you I LOVE headbands :). I actually own my own shop, Craft Couture & I make headbands while also loving custom orders...if you want to check it out, I would love it! :)... http://craftcouture44.etsy.com

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for sharing! I have a 3 month old baby girl and like you I LOVE headbands! I actually own my own handmade shop, Craft Couture where I have headbands and other things...I also love customs. If you would want to check it out that would be awesome :).. http://craftcouture44.etsy.com

    Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete