Thursday, November 22, 2012

Harper's First Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!! Also known in our family as Christmas-Tree-Decorating-Day-Eve! :) We had the most fun, festive day that included lots of dancing around the house to Christmas music & more delicious food than I could ever have imagined.


As you can see by the menu, the sweet potato souffle didn't make it. In the midst of drinking coffee while watching the parade this morning, I jumped up & shouted to Brandon "SWEET POTATO FRIES!" When we get out the fryer, we literally fry everything in sight since it's such a pain in the ass to clean. Go big or go home, right? :)

We managed to squeeze in one blurry family pic before we sat down to eat. Clearly Harper was unimpressed, yelling FEED ME to the camera.Wo

This kid went to town on her Thanksgiving feast. We gave her cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole & stuffing.


But at the end of the day, it was the turkey leg that rocked her world. Quite possibly my favorite picture of her ever taken.


She made a mess of mass proportions but it was CUTE AS CAN BE! I think she got just as full as the rest of us, because all she wanted to do was snuggle afterwards.


Now what's up? We are rockin' our Christmas pajamas & about to pop in Christmas Vacation. But first things first, we are making our Black Friday Game Plan!! We aren't the campers or the tramplers, but we do appreciate a good deal & a festive atmosphere. Even my husband loves it! We love to wake up early, go get coffee, shop & then go out for breakfast! So excited to have Harper with us this year!

I love that most Black Friday sales can be found online, so lots of time to keep shopping when we get home for Harper's morning nap! Here's a look at what is on my Black Friday shopping list for tomorrow!

Of course, our favorite place to shop, Baby Gap, is having a ton of great Black Friday Sales, so who knows what will end up in our cart! :)

I also want to say that I am so thankful for all of you, your sweet comments & encouragement, and for allowing me to do what I love so much... blogging about my sweet girl & chalkboarding like there is no tomorrow! I hope you all had the most amazing Thanksgivings with all of your loved ones! This calls for a big time virtual cheers!! CLINK! :)

21 comments:

  1. Adorable first Thanksgiving of course! And like you, we are putting Christmas Vacation on now!

    Let the celebrations begin! Can't wait to see the rest of your holiday postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harper is freakishly adorable with that turkey leg! also, CLINK right back! hope you have a BLAST Black Friday shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting for your blog alllll day. I just think it is super adorable and am glad you post a lot of fun stuff. Keep the blogs coming girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for your blog allll day. I just love all the fun stuff you post. keep the blogs coming girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute :) Glad you guys had a great day! Seriously can't wait for your Christmas tree pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute :) Glad you guys had a great day! Seriously can't wait for your Christmas tree pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to your sweet family. We too celebrated our first Thanksgiving as a family of 3. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. Good luck tomorrow! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dying. Harper & the turkey leg?? Most adorable picture ever! Looks like a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What kind of camera do you have? My husband and I are looking for one to take great pictures of our new bundle of joy and yours always look so great! I hope your Christmas decorating is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW !!! I can't believe you guys can even THINK about pulling the Christmas decorations from a box before december ! Are you trying to tempt me !? For my part, those are going to stay hidden a couple more days before their "coming-out" ! That's my rule, Christmas is a december holiday and the magic of it has to stay in december. It's always hard to stick with that rule. Every year, people try to make me go on the dark side of the force with their early home decorating.

    I have to specify I'm from Canada and us Canadians don't celebrate the same Thanksgiving as yours. Ours is in October, before Halloween. So when we decorated for fall season, it's like decorating for Thanksgiving at the same time...

    Anyway, even tho it's painful to see people decorate for Christmas, I wish you all great times doing it, and I can't wait for the first of December to begin mines!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been a lurker for some time ever since I first saw your week-by-week pregnancy chalkboard idea. So creative! Now that I'm caught up on all of the posts I love reading the new ones. Glad you guys had a fun filled Thanksgiving! Mine in the Northern states wasn't too bad. It was a warm 70 degrees and then Black Friday was a freeeeeeeeezzzziiiinnngggg 29! Complete with a dash of snow on the ground. Best of luck with your shopping excursions this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the turkey leg photo! Seriously,that photo is beyond priceless.
    I also went out on Black Friday and I agree the Gap had killer deals. I actually went there on Wed night and scored some items for Elle and my little niece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never gone on your blog on my big computer since you updated the layout! Clever you put chalkboard for your background. love that!!

    came to look up your christmas songs list... bout to get busy wit it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the chalkboard menu! What a great idea! Harper was absolutely precious!!!! I just love her beautiful face! You two make beautiful babies. Now you need a boy!!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! I love the pics, hopefully you had a great Turkey Day. :) Checkout my blog if you get a chance, the second part of my gift guide comes tomorrow! Follow if you like. :)

    Jenn

    apopofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your chalkboard menus and that picture with the turkey leg is just priceless! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The turkey legs would start fights when my siblings and I were smaller, now our children will get to enjoy them. I check back all the time to adore the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok so I have been reading your blog from almost the beginning... yet, today I discovered that I basically missed like 5 months worth of posts! What?! I'm guessing it was around months 2-7 of my pregnancy when I basically went to sleep at 6 pm and apparently ignored the rest of life, but either way, merry christmas to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jess, what turkey fryer do you and the hubs use?

    ReplyDelete