Thursday, November 1, 2012

Harper's First Halloween

I don't even know if I can put words in this post that can express my excitement of Harper's First Halloween. I will start by saying, that I couldn't even sleep on Halloween Eve (of course) because I was so excited... and also freaking out a little bit about her costume that needed some last minute changes. But, we ended up having such a blast! I always imagined that Halloween would be so much more fun with kids, but I had no idea! :)

Of course she had to rock the most adorable Halloween outfit all day for our errands! 




Tights & TuTu are from Gap last season

I went back & forth a million times about her costume, but finally decided that I had to incorporate the tights that originally made me want her to be Tinkerbell. I just couldn't find things to match that green (and mis-matched shades of colors totally drive me nuts!) so we had to do some last minute shopping to find just the right stuff! In the end, I found this adorable skirt in the toddler clearance section at target that I was able to make into her dress! I bought a matching pair of kids spandex shorts (in the same shade of green) and made that into to the top part of her dress, and used some of the scraps to add some extra flair to her headband! Finally... the perfect little TINKERBELL!




I dressed up as Tiger Lily & couldn't wait to take her Trick-or-Treating for the first time! I bought a plain brown dress & made the top of my costume from some cream felt & ribbon. Also, I can't sew, so a hot glue gun was my weapon of choice.


Brandon was going to be Rufio from Hook, but last minute he just decided to wear his lumberjack costume (aka. nothing). We saw that other people in our neighborhood were tailgating, literally TAILGATING, in their driveways for Trick-or-Treaters, so it was more important that he set up the fire pit, get S'mores & fill up the coolers than dress up.


We went to a few houses in our neighborhood, really just the people on our culdesac that we know, and walked around a bit with the little girls next door.  Harper of course had a blast shoving her hand in the candy bowl to see what she could grab! :)


Little Tink didn't make it very long, only a few houses and then she was out for the count. I love this picture of Dad carrying her with her little tired face.



And at the end of the day, we were able to mesh pictures from hundreds of miles apart for the cutest little Peter Pan & Tinkerbell of all time! :)

I hope you all had amazing Halloweens!! I love looking at all of the cute baby costumes out there, cannot wait for next year (we already have a costume idea in mind!) But most importantly... it is now officially the HOLIDAYS! I am so excited to take down our Halloween stuff today & replace Hocus Pocus with Christmas Vacation in the DVD player for the next two months.
 'Tis the Season to be Merry!

45 comments:

  1. Love your halloween costumes!!! I saw that skirt at Target the other day too and said "this is why I want a baby girl!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trumpet tights... I die. They are so freaking adorable! You two look way cute! My hubs skimped out on halloween too. He wore his business suit and carried around a scary mask lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh her face in that first picture kills me!! She is so adorable. You did a great job on both costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could she be any cuter? No..not possible :) love all the pictures!
    Thethreelittlebirdies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haper is adorable! I love the Tinkerbell costume too.
    You look great! can you please do a post on your post pregnancy diet/exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative! Harper looked Adorbs! I have been watching Hocus Pocus all month, and Christmas Vacation is my favorite Christmas Movie too, well, that and A Christmas Story. So glad you had a Happy Halloween! We are looking forward to the holidays as well. Take care!

    http://charity-wayoutwest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I've been waiting for this post since those pregnancy days!! Harper looks so cute as Tink... My little guy is only 3 weeks old so we couldn't do much. I can't wait for trick or treating and real costumes next year! Now it's time for Turkeys and Christmas Trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great costumes, she is adorable! I love homemade costumes vs the store bought ones, good job on decorating the baby! I was inspired by your witch costume and made the skirt and bought striped tights, thanks for the inspiration :)

    casadesoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the costumes! Harper looks so so cute! I think her tights are my favorite part of her costume and your boots my fav part of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGGG could you guys be any more cuter!!! love Harper's costume! she is just to cute and so glad you all had a good 1st halloween. I was so excited to take our little one out this year too!
    Cant wait for christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "well that's my name!"
    "no shit?"

    sorry. can't help myself. have to finish out a Clark quote when i see one. love Harper as Tink. adorbbbbs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable ! My baby was love a lot care bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so wanted to do Tinkerbell, Peter Pan and Wendy but it was the husbands year to decide. I love that you went as Tiger lily. Very creative! Also LOVE Harpers dress!!! We went as Batman. Next year is mine and like you I'm cooking up some ideas!

    www.toblertales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is the cutest little thing! Adore her DIY outfit! So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute! you both look adorable, glad you had a nice halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like Peter Pan was going around this year. I was Captain Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  17. little Harper just looks SO CUTE in her little costume!!!!! Also, of course you already have an idea for next Halloween! ha! I'm just like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just darling. Harper makes the sweetest Tink! You're one creative mama.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot say it enough - I LOVE reading your blog. I have a 5 month "young" little girl and I feel like I'm not alone when I read your posts. You should have your own app!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is it weird that I thought of you on Halloween Eve, bc I KNEW you were flipping out with excitement!!! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Harper made a great tinkerbell and you tiger lily outfit turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't agree with you more about holiday excitement! SO ready to do Christmas. Her Trumpette tights and outfit are the best thing ever. Y'all are too cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent job! Love creative costumes so much better than store bought! Soooooo excited for reindeer, Santa, elves and holiday bows and tights!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously your costumes are to die for! SO cute and creative!!! I just love all of your ideas!

    californiagrownblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute! LOVE the boots. I've had my eye on them for awhile now! Harper is lucky to have such a creative and fun mama like you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE IT. I didn't know if people would stare at me weird if just me Adam and Matthew went trick or treating lol, of course I'm a new mommy like you so I wasn't sure what to do since he can't eat the candy lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable costumes! Looks like you guys had a great time:)

    http://onehappymommyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay! She's the cutest Tink ever. My family went for the Star Wars theme ('cuz our son's name is Lucas and it's only natural that we wanted him to be Lucas Skywalker, duh). We love family costumes! Cheers to the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved how Harpers costume turned out and what a sweet family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful first Halloween:) She was adorable in her little outfit. Love it!! And yours was too cute as well. I'm like you ready to move on with holiday fun. I actually put up some Christmas decorations today. Have fun decorating and watching awesome tv shows:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your costumes are beyond adorable! I'm super jealous I didn't come up with this! ;) can't wait to see what you come up with next year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The costume turned out wonderful. I'm glad that you guys had a good first halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Harper is the cutest baby I've ever seen. I have to keep checking back every day to see if you've uploaded any more of her cuteness! My boyfriend is not impressed because I keep showing him Harper's pictures with these little puppy dog eyes, like "Can we have one?" hahaha! What an adorable Tinkerbell. xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Two things:

    1. Harper is so sweet, I can't get over it. I love her little headband!

    2. You look increda-good for just having a baby! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Harper is adorable!! I love her costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am a new reader and I am just in love with your blog! My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a year now and it's easy to get really discouraged but I just can't help but feel positive when I read your blog. The way you write about your daughter makes it impossible not to smile and feel good after reading.

    ReplyDelete
  37. what a sweet little peanut!!!! You guys all look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Umm.. your neighborhood TAILGATED?! I love that idea! I need to get my town on that for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the blog and your month to month favorites!!! My little one will be 1 month tomorrow and some of your favorites I have used :) how do you make the pics of your faves? How do you add them together?

    ReplyDelete
  40. CUTE COSTUMES!! Absolutely love them and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These infant Halloween Costumes presented here are the most I love..I believe many will also adore these costumes found here for the Halloween season.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Any chance you can post a how-to for your Indian smock? I want to do cowboys and Indians for our family costume this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Any chance you can share a how-to for your Indian smock? I'm thinking Cowboys and Indians for our family costumes this year and yours look simple and cute. LOVE your blogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete