Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baby Registry Must Haves

I have been working on this post for a loooooong time, wanting to make sure I really was able to speak to the usefulness, reliability & our overall satisfaction with some of the major purchases on our baby registry.  I am a research nut when it comes to picking baby products, but also insist on finding the cutest stuff out there at the same time. 

I have broken the registry down into nursery, feeding, gear & essentials. I feel like these are the most important items to include on a registry (or purchase yourself of course). I have left out clothing, furniture & all extras like lotions, detergents, etc. because I really think those items vary so much for everyone (and every baby!) and honestly, that list could go on FOREVER.

Now, let's get to the good stuff! First up, our favorites for the nursery!
 

First Years Sound Machine - Great selection of white noises, can be very loud, hooks up to your ipod & can be set to no timer. An essential for getting your baby to sleep well!
Summer Infant Video Monitor - This monitor is a must have! A great peace of mind when you are able to literally see your baby breathing through the night vision camera.
Crane Humidifier - We have two of these, one in our room & one in the nursery. Especially handy for when you are pregnant (dry nose) or when your little one gets their first cold. Also, could it be any cuter?
Halo SleepSack - For when your baby learns how to bust out of the baby burrito, you'll want these on hand for bedtime. A wearable blanket so you don't have to worry about suffocation, and they keep your little ones toasty warm & cozy.
Summer Infant Changing Pad - Just happens to be the brand we chose (I think any would do) but worked out well since it fit with any changing pad cover & we were able to attach it to the changing table.
Nap Nanny - Only purchase this if you think you want your baby to sleep 10+ hours per night (insert sarcasm font here). The Nap Nanny ROCKS. Keeps your baby in a comfy, secure, propped up position for ultimate sleep-through-the-night-ness. We were so thankful to our great friends for giving us this (they can't sing enough praises about it either!) ...it was honestly a saving grace for us in getting our crazy baby to sleep (which I ultimately think taught her amazing sleep habits from early on). UPDATE: I am aware that the Nap Nanny has been recalled, however, if used properly AND with caution/supervision, it should not pose any threat to a baby. As long as your baby cannot sit up or roll over on their own, they should be perfectly safe sleeping in the Nap Nanny if securely buckled in. I stand behind this product 100% and plan to use it again in the future.
Fan - Definitely important to have in the nursery (not only as a preventative measure for Sids, so I have read) but to help regulate temperature & provide a little extra background noise. Plus, this one is really freaking cute.
Aden+Anais Swaddle Blankets - Ingredients for the perfect baby burrito! These are the best (and cutest!) blankets of all time... great for not only swaddling (and snuggling!) but the perfect lightweight carseat cover for cool weather or germ protection. We bought 8 before Harper was born & hubby couldn't understand why we "needed so many"... now he looks back & laughs saying he totally gets it now!

 Moving on to feeding essentials! Some of this will differ if you are breastfeeding or formula feeding, but these are just my recommendations! :)
 


Boppy Pillow - Great for a million reasons, but most importantly for great positioning for breastfeeding from the very beginning. Then they transition to tummy time & a comfy little prop for baby later on. Also, if you buy the boppy bare naked pillow, then you can find adorable covers on Etsy!
Medela Pump in Style Advanced - This is the breastpump that I used (and was recommended to me by tons of other moms) & I can't say enough good things about it. Although part of me would like to roast it in a bonfire because exclusively pumping SUCKED (long story...we'll come back to this another time)... the pump itself is fantastic and so worth the money. Plus, the dorky bag is extremely handy! :) TIP: Make sure you get lots of extra pump parts... when you are spending most of your day breastfeeding or pumping, the last thing you want to do is rush to clean/sanitize those parts before the next feeding. I recommend 3-5 sets of every pump part.
Lansinoh Lanolin - Your weapon against dry, cracked, painful nipples. One or two tubes was plenty for me, it is extremely thick. Also works well as chapstick!
Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads - These are absolute HEAVEN when you are breastfeeding. Like, orgasm worthy when you put them on your sore nips.
Lansinoh Nursing Pads - So you don't stain/ruin all your sexy nursing bras OR leak through your heather grey shirts in line at baby Gap.
Tommee Tippee Milk Feeding Bibs - There are a million kinds of bibs out there, but I like these the best, hands down. Keeps the milk out of your sweet baby's neck rolls but they are also super duper absorbent unlike some of the other bibs that seem to be made of waterproof material.
Avent Bottles - Everyone has their own preference, for us, these were the best. I felt like a lot of bottle nipples were too flimsy in her mouth (does that even make sense?) but these seemed to be just right. Advice, buy very few 4 oz. ones & instead get some bigger ones. Once you transition to the 6-8oz. mark, you'll be annoyed that you have to go buy a bunch of new bottles. Even though those little guys are pretty cute.
Cloth Diapers/Burp Cloths - Cloth diapers make the best burp cloths, without question. Brandon actually gets mad if I give him any other burp cloth other than these raggedy things.
Boon Lawn Drying Rack - Definitely get the lawn, not the grass. You'll want this when you have six million pump parts, bottles, toys, and the rest of the things you are trying to hand wash. We actually have both, and the little tree/blooms to accessorize. Plus, tops the list as cutest baby item ever.
Munchkin Bottle Brush - Best one out there, in my opinion. Love the spongy at the top & the nipple brush that sticks in the bottom. I literally remember standing in the bottle brush aisle for 30+ minutes before Harper was born...and ended up leaving empty handed. Thank God, again, for our good friends (Paul & Jen!!) that gave us all of the best baby items so that we didn't have to make these "hard" decisions ourselves.
BabyGanics Bottle Soap - I wasn't going to put any soap/lotion/etc. type items on here, BUT, you will be so thankful to have tons of this on hand. New moms, you'll freak out over germs and be hand washing everything in sight. This stuff is the bomb.com & you can truly never have enough. TIP: Before you bring your babe home from the hospital, have a designated "baby section" (maybe a cupboard and drawer) closest to the sink AND a big bowl/tub that you can use in one side of the sink (with your Boon drying rack next to it) for all of your hand washing, sanitizing & storage needs. So glad we did this, the thought of their bottles being washed same side of the sink as your forks & then stored on the counter next to the microwave will drive you insane.
Boon High Chair - Disclaimer: we do not actually have this high chair. I have read a million reviews on a million high chairs and have deemed this the best. We bought one from Ikea for $60 (which I'll admit, totally grew on me, and is really suitable for bigger babies, it is called the Blames, I think..) but I probably wouldn't recommend it. Looking to purchase this one for Harper soon, or at least for baby number two someday.

Aprica Playard - Also on our list of favorite baby items EVER. We love this so much. It is so much sturdier & muchhhhh cuter than traditional pack n' plays.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Car Seat - I insisted in having an all black car seat (so this may seem totally unreasonable to you) but I wanted something very neutral (and I hate "tan") so this was almost an obvious choice for us. It has extremely high safety ratings & is SO easy to latch in and out of the base (and the straps are super easy too!). We were between this and one of the Britax infant seats, but this fit in the BabyTrend Snap n' Go stroller frame that we also got as a gift (which was also awesome, but not necessary if you have another stroller), but the Britax did not. Only complaint, it is a bit on the heavy side, but it didn't bother me too much. We have been really happy with it
Baby Jogger City Mini - Love this stroller so so so much. It is so awesome to push, comfy for baby & probably one of the cutest strollers out there for the price. I have professed my love for this stroller enough on my blog, so I won't keep going on and on :)
Fisher Price Swing - Everybody probably already knows how valuable a baby swing is... this is the one we got and totally loved it! Harper still naps in this on occasion... plus the neutral colors make it an obvious choice if you want to use it for a boy or girl & plan on it looking good with your home decor! :)
Fisher Price Bouncer - Same goes for the bouncer, these are amazing and I wish we could have one in every room of the house. Harper lived in these for the first 3-4 months of her life.


I call these the "essentials" although some may totally disagree. (ok, maybe Sophie really isn't an essential.. and moms may even like it more than babies do... but the rest are definitely essentials in my book!).





Sophie The Giraffe Teether - Harper really loved this (as do most babies) so Sophie gets my vote. You can watch the HERE about why everyone loves Sophie so much! :)
Aden+Anais Security Blankets - These are the most perfect sized, sweetest little blankets to give your little one at nap or bedtime. I wish we would have gotten these sooner. They are so great for soothing babies to sleep ...Harper loves to suck on the satin edging or put them over her face when she is tired. Plus, the lightweight muslin material makes for a perfect blanket that you can actually let them take to bed at night. Also... adorable!
Storksak Diaper Bag - I love this diaper bag for a million reasons (other than the fact that is metallic grey... can that be my favorite color?) ...it has a ton of pouches & pockets for optimal organization PLUS stroller straps that will rock your world. You can read more about my diaper bag and it's contents HERE.
Puj Tub - Having a great folding tub that you can plop into the sink is pretty much the best thing ever when you have a newborn. This one rocks. Eventually you will need to upgrade to a different tub but what's most important on your registry is one that you can use right away, since bath time is a must when you are trying to establish your bedtime routine.
Diaper Genie - I know a lot of people that hated theirs, but we honestly love the diaper genie! This can be substituted by a trash can in the garage where you can ditch poopy diapers, but if you are in a small space where it is important to mask the smell right away, this will totally do the trick! TIP: We only use this for poopy diapers... if it's just wet, it goes in the regular trash. Otherwise you will fly through the refills like no other.
Diapers - Needed to include diapers as part of the registry of course, but I know every mom has their own preference on brand (and disposable vs. cloth) but we use either Pampers or Huggies, whichever is cheaper at the time, and have never had a single complaint. You can order them from Diapers.com usually for $5 off each box and next day shipping, which is the best.
Pampers Sensitive Wipes - Same goes for wipes, we have always used these & think they are the best. I actually did use a few other brands (from traveling or stuff we got at our shower) and never liked them as much. Feel free to register for one hundred thousand boxes because you can never have too many.
K'Tan Baby Carrier - I love this carrier so much! It is super easy to put on & I felt like Harper was always so comfortable & secure while I was wearing her. Plus, it comes in the size that YOU are instead of your baby, so you can comfortably wear your babe from newborn to toddler with just one wrap. Highly recommended!
Exergen Temporal Thermometer - I know the hospitals recommend that you use a rectal thermometer, so you definitely will need one of these as well.. but these are extra important. The first time your child gets a fever and they fall asleep... and you know they need to sleep but you are stressing about their temp... you will be so glad you have this. You can sneak in their room and take their temp in their sleep without even waking them!
Nuk Pacifier - These are going to be different for every baby, but we tried TONS. I really wanted the gumdrop ones to work because they are cute and we got a bunch free from the hospital... but at the end of the day.. she liked these the best. And to be honest, most of the babies I see that are older (which means they have definitely picked a favorite paci) use Nuks. Also, can never have too many of these because they disappear like socks & ponytail holders.
Brica Baby Mirror - Got this at my shower & so thankful for it. Allows for you to see your babe in their rear facing car seat.... so great for first time moms that are nervous about driving with your baby for the first time. Now that Harper is older, she loves it because she can see herself in it! :)

WHEW! Long winded to say the least. I know that I loved reading about baby registries when I was pregnant, so I hope you found this helpful! :) I am not an expert by any means, these are just items that we loved & that worked for us... most of them started out as recommendations from other moms too! Also, may not be necessary to include on your registry, but we have come across many of our new favorite baby items as Harper has grown! You can find them by month here:

As always, feel free to post your baby registry must haves in the comments! I love reading about what other moms find most important for a happy & healthy (and stylish!) baby! :)

109 comments:

  1. We also have so many of the things that are must for you! I totally understand about exclusively pumping is exhausting. My daughter was a preemie and has to have high calorie milk so I have only been allowed to pump and fortified. Is there a reason you had to exclusively pump or just a personal choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have done a post on this previously, but not sure. What prenatal vitamin did you take if any? Looking into this now and really want a healthy option but not sure where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this! It's perfect timing (for me). I'm registering for our twins on Saturday at Buy Buy baby and Babies R US. We're having 3 showers though. Is there a third place you'd recommend in order to be able to register for as many of these items as possible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new look to the blog!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our eye on an Ikea highchair, but ended up using a family members old one. & loved that boon one, had my eye on that for a while... It's just sooo pricey!
    We registered for a lot of similar items. I like neutral too.
    And nap nanny is on my top 5 all time favorite baby items! I totally agree that it helps instill ideal sleeping habits, Beckett is a super star sleeper now :)
    Always love seeing your favs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kelly. I highly recommend doing an amazon.com registry as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. I love the citi mini jogger although I ended up with a quinny buzz...which is nice but too big for apartment living in China. I may make the switch (:

    I just posted a list of must haves for traveling with babies on my blog. Check it out

    http://brieandnickzentil.blogspot.com/2012/10/on-go-baby-travel-simplified.html

    Love love love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a lot of the same things! Peg Perego def the way to go for carseats Now that Elle is out of her Peg we have a Maxi Cosi and I also have been very pleased with it. Love the A&A blankets. Those are the only blankets we used to swaddle Elle and she still uses them to snuggle up with at night (going on 2 years!) and yes,Sophie, of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to totally second the thermometer. Rectal is best when they are infants but we had this one too. My daughter is the WORST napper so when she is napping I absolutely hate to disturb her for anything less than a hurricane (and even then, that sucker better be at least a category 3). We have this thermometer and I was able to sneak into her room and take her temp while she was napping one time when she was sick. She totally didn't even flinch. Worth every penny.

    My husband and I totally went into the living room and were jumping up and down giving each other silent high fives like we mental.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm about 14 weeks and loving your blog and especially this post! I feel like I'm learning so much from your site! Thanks and keep them coming =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious about your feeding situation. Are you still breastfeeding (pumping), or is Harper on formula? Do you have any advice when it comes to pumping?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love allll of your picks! We also have soo many of these! I would love to join you in a pump burning party!! I had to exclusively pump and was a SLAVE to my pump! As I walked like a zombie to my pump at 3 am .... I sang Britney Spears' " I'm a slave." then continued as I washed pump parts till my hands were raw!

    Sophie is also a huge hit with soooo many babies. My husband jokes that we need to come up with the next big hit at $25 a pop!!! Expensive rubber toy... But my daughter loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love allll of your picks! We also have soo many of these! I would love to join you in a pump burning party!! I had to exclusively pump and was a SLAVE to my pump! As I walked like a zombie to my pump at 3 am .... I sang Britney Spears' " I'm a slave." then continued as I washed pump parts till my hands were raw!

    Sophie is also a huge hit with soooo many babies. My husband jokes that we need to come up with the next big hit at $25 a pop!!! Expensive rubber toy... But my daughter loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. I have a 2 week old so this is great to read. I'm glad to hear you like the k'tan we are gettin one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could you do a blog post on how you established a bedtime routine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could you do a blog post on how you established a bedtime routine? We are having the hardest time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The My Brest Friend nursing pillow is AMAZING. Hands down, the best $45 I spent on a baby item. The name is totally dumb, but it's so worth it. It keeps the baby in the perfect position for nursing & gives you some back support to boot.. Now that she's a bit older (4 months) we use nothing but the boppy, but I couldn't have lived without my "Brest Friend" in the beginning!
    www.Jasonmeandbabyt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm super glad that you posted this! I was just going to email you yesterday and ask your advice on non-babyish baby gear. I'm trying to avoid the rainbow plasticness that usually comes with a baby! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for breaking everything down! I have been "favoriting" each post to look back on when it comes time for us to register (hopefully in just a few weeks :D!). Honestly I want to start doing it now only for the stuff I know we need that's not so gender specific. But thanks to you, I feel so much more prepared to tackle the bottle brush aisle now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What pattern of the Aden & Anais blankets did you use?! I adore them! I have some girly ones on the registry but would love to throw these on there too. I think you pretty much covered everything.

    I love this activity mat:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3594395

    I like the fact it isn't too girly and has a lot of contrasting colors and patterns for little eyes to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Except for a couple of things, I think I have all the products on your must have lists, and I agree they are the best! I always love reading your blog because I feel like our babies are very similar in some aspects and reading your blog helps me prepare for the months ahead, so thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this list! We're OBSESSED with the nap nanny--our two month old has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now, and before that I had to wake her up for a nighttime feeding! Question: did you do anything special to transition Harper from the NN to being flat in the crib?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the new bloc design (but I loved the old banner too) you are so cute! Thanks for all the inside tips and adorable outfits and great ideas! Very real and relatable. Thanks for that too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so happy to read this now that I have a baby on the way! I'm going to have to look for each and every item when we register! haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for posting this!! My first baby is due in early May and this helps me out so much with what we will need! Question: my husband and I don’t want a travel system - does that stroller have enough support for a new born? I put it on my registry right away after you talked about it, but I wasn't sure if you could put a new born in it right away?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy moly this is the most amazing list EVER, thank you a million times over! Seriously, at 15 weeks pregnant, I'm a little scared of registering because I must research every little thing we invest our time and money (and our family/friends money!) to ensure we get the best. Thank you for compiling this! I would be very interested in your opinion type of cribs/gliders, etc... :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This post couldn't have come at a better time! I've been really stressing about registering...I just added about 90% of those things to our Amazon registry!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing and helpful list! I already have a couple of the things you listed but this is so great as I am in the process of registering right now. :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an amazing and helpful list! I already have a couple of the things you listed but this is so great as I am in the process of registering right now. :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i cant believe how many things you have that I have too! great compiled list! moms-to-be should def check it out!

    the sweet life of a southern wife

    ReplyDelete
  31. Agree with so many of your items! My all-time fave is the Boon's Lawn drying rack! Some other favorites: Halo SleepSack Swaddler, Munchkin Time Saver Bottle Warmer, Dr. Brown's Microwave Bottle Sterilizer, JJ Cole Diaper Caddy, and Shout Color Catchers. And the Baby Connect iPhone app!

    See my similar post here: http://craigandsarahsidesfamily.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-favorite-things-baby-edition_7.html.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Agree with so many of your items! My all-time fave is the Boon's Lawn drying rack! Some other favorites: Halo SleepSack Swaddler, Munchkin Time Saver Bottle Warmer, Dr. Brown's Microwave Bottle Sterilizer, JJ Cole Diaper Caddy, and Shout Color Catchers. And the Baby Connect iPhone app!

    See my similar post here: http://craigandsarahsidesfamily.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-favorite-things-baby-edition_7.html.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love when you do these posts. My shower is next weekend, and it's good to see I'm kinda on track with what I have! It also helps to know what to pic up on our own after! You are a thorough little list maker!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Exclusively pumping is THE WORST. You feel like you are a slave to the pump, and the sink, and all those one million bottles and nipples and membranes and teeny things, not to mention coming to terms (for me, at least) with not being able to nurse your baby which makes you feel like a failure on top of the incredible time commitment - pumping, storing, cleaning, and then feeding baby on top of it. BUT - the Medela pump is without question the best, I can't imagine spending more than 10 minutes at time at the pump while your six week old is screaming because she can't handle not being held and Daddy is at work and you can't even eat lunch because she is so damn needy, because she's only six weeks old. Also I've recently gone back to work and the Medela pump is so quick I can pump during my half hour lunch break and still eat some lunch, plus I don't have to worry about keeping my milk in the company fridge where some pig will inevitably put it in their coffee because the pump has a cooler that fits in the bag! Cannot say enough good things about it, as well!

    Also, our daughter has like 85% of the same things, all of which I also love. The only thing I'll say is that my girl has never stayed in the Nap Nanny for more than 3 minutes because she hates it with a sincere passion. She hates being strapped in and she always slumps over to the side (she's three months and still doesn't have great head control) and can't right herself because of the angle. So, I would recommend that people test one out first if they can to see if their kiddo likes it before investing, since it's quite pricey. For us it was a waste, but again that is just our babe.

    Awesome, awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My must-haves are almost identical to yours :) I love it! We have the Boon highchair and love it, and I agree about the Boon lawn. I have the grass, and bought 2 because 1 just wasn't enough (it was right before I knew the lawn existed, so I decided to make the grass work). The only other things I'd add that were ESSENTIAL for us were baby mittens (for the tiny pj's/outfits that don't have the mitten cuffs -- why they don't, I just don't know) and pacifier clips (my sister makes them on etsy, but any would do). :) I love your style!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I see that the items are linked to amazon; did you only register there or did you register at a store too? I'm not sure if the "older" family members would be able how to figure out an online only registry lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am exclusively pumping for my 4 1/2 month old twins. I am renting a Medela hospital grade pump and want to throw it out of a moving car....but then I remember we're paying the hospital $55/month to use it. So I won't. BUT, I would love to read a post/your experience with exclusive pumping...how long you did it...how you weaned, etc. I'm getting the itch to be done and would love any insight!! Thanks for all these great baby recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Question about the fan... do you point it AT the baby? Or will it help to just circulate the air? First time mom, due in March. This list is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That Dupree girl updated her blog layout and it's looking freakishly like yours. Ironically changed right after yours did too...

    ReplyDelete
  40. I exclusively pumped both my kids and its a PITA, but Medela is the way to go.

    I just have to ditto the advent bottles, boppy & A&A swaddle blankets. Seriously I will never ever buy those tiny stupid cotton receiving blankets ever again.. Aden & Anais is the way to go!

    Instead of the Nap Nanny we got the Rock & Play sleeper and we love it!! Our child has slept 10+hrs at night in it, though I've heard nothing but amazeballs reviews about the Nap Nanny (except its a little pricey)

    This is probably just as "essential" as sophie, but the Lamaze infant toys (we have Jaques the Peacock & Captain Calamari) are a MUST. My 6 month old is obsessed and has been for the past 3 months.

    Okay wow, sorry this is so long :/

    ReplyDelete
  41. We love the Boppy Circus play gym and the Lamaze toys...Mortimer the Moose and Jacques the Peacock! I have an 8 week old and totally agree with tons of the stuff you mentioned. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your blog!! This is such a good post so informative I love your taste also!! Thanks for great infi

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just want you to know that I absolutely love your blog!!! I'm a newlywed (going on 3 months now!!), and we plan on waiting a couple years before having a baby, but I'm glad I have this blog to turn to just in case. ;) You're amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOVE your new design! You have such good taste. I absolutely love your style and cannot wait for your house tour! I also like when you post about your favorite things such as where you buy your clothes, shoes, etc

    ReplyDelete
  45. LOL well since I practically buy everything that you post for monthly essentials. I have everything you have just different colors & maybe brands...except the play yard!! I love the mini jogger....did you know on the instructions it says not to jog with it, but in the title it clearly is called city mini jogging stoller? haha my boyfriend was like um, babe you can't jog with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have been reading your blog since I found out I was pregnant! I am 15 weeks now and is it creepy I love to read about a total stranger's life?! Thank you for your posts, this baby stuff one has been especially helpful since I'm trying to make a list for the registry!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just wondering if you had any ideas of what you're planning on getting Miss Harper for Christmas or what is on her list for Santa??
    Also have you heard of "The Elf on the Shelf"
    http://www.target.com/c/elf-on-the-shelf-brand-shop/-/N-56533?intc=null_dvmy12c0026v000124i002314_null&ref=tgt_adv_XSHA4908&afid=googlestr&cpng=2012elfontheshelf&DFA=56&LMP=the%20elf%20on%20the%20shelf

    Such a GREAT tradition to start, although Harper may be little... just keep it in mind... Emmalina LOVES this soo much, there is evena cute movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Have you ever seen the Aden & Anais burp rag/bibs? Its a burp cloth that has a bowed shape so it fits on the shoulder amazingly and has snaps on the ends so you can also use it as a bib. I got it for my sister with her newest and I love using them.

    ReplyDelete
  49. When you make the Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins - do you put the oil and egg in along with the mix too? Or just the pumpkin & dry mix?

    ReplyDelete
  50. THANK YOU! I love the feed back! I will have to book mark this page for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  51. First, LOVE the new blog design! I've been following for a while but hadn't commented until I got my own blog set up. This list is PERFECT. I'm due in April and have been in crazy research mode. We bought the Baby Jogger City Mini GT, really excited about it! Now very seriously considering the Aprica for a play yard. Thanks for this, it's great to have personal recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you so much for posting this! My husband and I are so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that the little one needs...we've been putting off the whole registry thing because of it. This has been so helpful!

    http://growingbytwotinyfeet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great list! Do you think you can do a post about exclusive pumping sometime? I'd be really interested in your experience. How long did you do it for, how often, etc. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am also interested in your exclusively pumping story. I have a four week old that I am having to pump for. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is so helpful while registering!!!! Thank you!!

    http://hestolemyheartsoistolehislastname.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you for sharing. I am working on my registry and needed some good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I will echo other commenters and say that I would love to hear your exclusive pumping story. Maybe you could make a "Favorites" post dedicated just to pumping-related items (hands-free bra, freezer bags, etc) along with any tips that you felt worked for you. Your blog is wonderful - so warm and real. It's a great source of encouragement for other moms out there.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Chiming in to say that I'd also love to hear more about your experience with exclusively pumping. It seems to be an overlooked method of feeding the baby...it gets lost between exclusive breastfeeding and bottle/formula feeding. I'm exclusively pumping for my 4 month old daughter and it's so much work (totally worth it, but a little stressful and kind of isolating!). I'm curious how long you did it and how you weaned. So glad I found your blog through pinterest...Harper is such a cutie and your love for her really shines in your writing and photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  59. @jlgarvin -- How do you feel about the recall of the nap nanny? I went to buy today and saw the recall articles!

    ReplyDelete
  60. @jlgarvin How do you feel about the nap nanny being recalled? Went to buy and saw all the recall articles today! :o

    ReplyDelete
  61. Bummer that the Nap Nanny got recalled!! Love the Registry essentials, it's so helpful while registering!!

    http://hestolemyheartsoistolehislastname.blogspot.com/2013/01/24-weeks-cantaloupe.html

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have no idea if you are still checking this, but can you use the city jogger mini when your baby is a newborn? Or do you have to get an attachment/different stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  63. Will this still work for this registry even if I live in Calgary?

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hey Jessica-- I remembered that you recommended the Nap Nanny and was going to get one for my best friend who is due soon. Unfortunately they have stopped selling them! I guess after the first recall the CPSC filed another complaint and now they're out of business. What a bummer!!! Don't get rid of yours in between kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Awesome list. First time dad here, any advice on the best place for registry in Calgary? Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Was your diaper bag the storksak tania or storksak tania bee?

    ReplyDelete
  67. For all the pumping moms out there: no need to buy multiple pump parts. As long as you store your fixtures in the fridge between pumping sessions, you can keep using them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love this, so helpful now that I'm registering thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. That's awesome, I've tried some of that stuff for my son and the best one I've both is his baby swing.. Check this out for your babies, you may like it too..

    http://www.fisherpricebabycradleswing.imsets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  70. so i have been looking at this registry post a lot trying to figure out what i need/want to register for and just realized, you're the cute little mama with all of the pregnancy chalk boards i see on pinterest! lol

    ReplyDelete
  71. I really like the content of this blog. feeling great to see such kind of stuff.
    Beds and Mattresses shop

    ReplyDelete
  72. Great list, but you should remove Nap Nanny. They were recalled, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  73. WE have a crane humidifier and love it. but i feel like everything gets dirty so quick. like 3 days and it is "slimey" inside. do you use a filter or how often do you clean yours?

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great blog. It’s nice to see that you have done so much research work. Baby registry should have all the necessary things that are essential for the baby. They make things easier for the parents too. It's wonderful to see that how small things can help you in such a way. The best thing was the brica baby mirror. Really comes handy while travelling. It will be really nice if you write about the baby games as playing games always keeps a baby happy.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Registering today for Baby Hazley and using your registry as our guide!!! Thanks for this post Jessica :))

    ReplyDelete
  76. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  77. This the excellent post which I have seen and it helped me a lot , Thanks for sharing it!!
    baby products online uk

    ReplyDelete
  78. Baby Hazel and her friends are excited to celebrate kids Halloween party tonight. Help Baby Hazel to get ready for the party by selecting costumes and accessories

    ReplyDelete
  79. muslim astrology 2013, muslim astrology, muslim astrologer, muslim astronauts, muslim vashikaran mantra, muslim vashikaran mantra and process, muslim vashikaran, muslim vashikaran specialist, muslim black magic, muslim black stone, muslim black magic cure, muslim black magic spells
    how to get my love back by black magic.
    how to get my love back now.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Baby Hazel Games for kids have to be educational and make stronger the faculties. The brighter the colors the better they are.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I am so bummed I can't find the Aprica Playard ANYWHERE and I love it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  82. • Hi, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Looking for a reputable place to get your Atlanta facelift surgery? Check out the professional work at: http://www.atlantaplastic.com/atlanta-face-lift/.

    ReplyDelete
  84. With this blog you really took our attention to the points that we never thought about. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. All the best.

    Baby blankets and Baby clothing

    ReplyDelete
  85. This is very nice, well written and very helpful blog. I enjoyed reading this. I like it. I am picking some good <a href="http://www.englishboysnames.co.uk/english-names-for-boys/
    new baby boys names</a> for my cousin's baby and I will also suggest het to read your post as it will help her a lot with baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  86. For all the pumping moms out there: no need to buy multiple pump parts. As long as you store your fixtures in the fridge between pumping sessions, you can keep using them!!!


    ReplyDelete
  87. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….

    ReplyDelete
  88. Nice Post you shared really amazing information about the best baby care games that help for all children and also you can enjoy those games in the baby shower parties that celebrate mainly for the new baby born.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….

    ReplyDelete
  90. This information has been very helpful. My wife and I are about to go register for our baby, and we weren't quite sure what to put on it with this being our first child and all. Thanks again for your help!

    Wayne Deer | http://www.idealbaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. Thank you for giving me this useful information for the new born baby. I think those of the items are very helpful in the life of babies. ike baby care games.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Nice Post you shared really amazing information about the Baby furniture and Baby blankets
    that help for all children and also you can enjoy those games in the baby shower parties that celebrate mainly for the new baby born.

    Baby furniture and Baby blankets

    ReplyDelete
  93. http://abcnews.go.com/US/sixth-baby-dies-recalled-infant-recliner/story?id=23970287

    A sixth child has died after using the nap nanny, I think it is probably time to remove it from your registry guide.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Thank you for giving me this useful information for the new born baby and am quite excited at the various options available.

    Thanks

    http://www.monpetitbijou.com/store/cat/NBBPT

    ReplyDelete
  95. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information Glamour Amour | Affordable Fashion Clothes | Online Clothing Store | Trendy Clothes For Womem

    ReplyDelete
  96. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information Glamour Amour | Affordable Fashion Clothes | Online Clothing Store | Trendy Clothes For Womem

    ReplyDelete
  97. Good steps have been used in this article. Its opportunity is so fantastic and working style so speedy. I Will Be Coming Back Soon. Thanks for posting Some Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  98. All I have to say is thanks to Dr Ekaka ekakaspelltemple@yahoo.com I saw my results from day one. Not only is he very nice, but very professional. He tries to get to your spell as soon as he can, and if you have any questions he answers them very quickly. He is not a waste of time or money, if your ready to make a change in your life He is the right person to go to. If your looking for love I recommend his Counjor Love Spell. good luck and I know you will be as happy as I am with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  99. wow!! this will come in handy! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  100. wow!!! It is very inspiring, thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  101. it is very good site for online shop with great items of gifts for kids and you can also find online gift store in India with go to http://80vele.com/gift/ for lots of gift items we have every type of gifts for everyone like gifts for him, gifts for her or gifts for kids if you want purchase something special for your kids then go to and visit our website http://80vele.com/gift/Gift-For-Kids …thanks

    ReplyDelete
  102. Nice post.
    I always read your blog. I like the way you written the post and show all products. There are many website who famous for best baby products.
    Thanks for sharing such a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Moms regularly pick all-characteristic Mejor Mobiliario infantil for their newborn. Some Mejores productos para recién nacido however are extremely precarious. They now and then go into false promotions just to offer their comprar Trona para bebé . You ought not to be blinded by the adorable and cuddly bundling. Be vigilant for fixings consolidated in your balancín para bebé as it may cause disturbance to your baby's skin.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Great post, I want one of those nap nanny things!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Such lovely gifts. I have bought some gifts a month ago from Ginger Kids for the birthday of my niece. I bought some bibs, baby thermometer and baby backseat mirror. Do you think this presents are the best?

    ReplyDelete