Thursday, August 30, 2012

Five & Six Month Favorites

Months five & six are a whole new ballgame. Our little munchkin is teething, sitting up, sleeping in her own room & learning new things every day! This calls for constantly changing up toys, teethers & all other forms of entertainment to keep a smile on their face!

Here are our current favorites! And as always, suggestions welcome for anything great that we may be missing out on! :)

 

Baby Jogger City Mini - We are OBSESSED with this stroller. It is probably in my top five favorite baby items of all time. Now that Harper isn't toted around in her car seat all the time, we have been using this stroller much more often. It is so easy to open and fold back up, rides like a dream & is super easy to steer with one hand, which I think is a huge plus for strollers. Plus, this thing is seriously cute!! The sun shade rocks for when we are outside and she is so comfortable in it if she hangs in it for a long period of time. I can't say enough good things about this stroller!

Aden + Anais Security Blankets -Bought these while I was still pregnant because I found them on sale & thought they were super cute. I got a lot of recommendations from other moms about how much their babies loved them so we finally got them out for her when she started sleeping in her crib. She LOVES them! I swear they help soothe her to sleep. She loves to put it over her face when she is tired, and the breathable material is perfect for that. I think it is so cute seeing her love a blankie.

Plum Organics Baby Foods -While I have every intention of making my own baby food one of these days, these are just too easy and convenient while she is still so little. Easy to take on the go, taste good (you better believe I try them all!) and I know they are good for her. Plus, call me lazy, but I love being able to squirt it onto the spoon without needing to wash an additional food bowl.

Teething Tablets -These have been a lifesaver a few times. She has two full on bottom teeth now, and her top ones are starting to come in. They are tiny little tablets that dissolve immediately under her tongue, and honestly give her instant relief.

Pie Gnon Teether - From the makers of Sophie the Giraffe (our other favorite teether!) this cute little critter is a big hit with Harper. Easy to hold & she loves to chew on the little ears...er.. whatever those things are on the top of it's head.

Fresh Food Teether - This thing ROCKS. You cut up a piece of fresh fruit, we use apples & pears) and put it inside the little net for babies to chew on when they are teething. Harper is endlessly entertained by chewing on this & sucking the juice out of the fruit. I've also heard that babies love ice cubes or even frozen beast milk in them, although that might be messy. The first time we gave this to her, we seriously high-fived watching how much she loved it. Good stuff right there.

Soft Books -  I kinda forgot about these things until my mom picked one up the other day, I think it was a Happy Meal toy. Harper could not get enough of it!! We got her a few other ones and she will play with them forever. She loves the ones that make crinkly noises, plus she loves to put them in her mouth. Notice a trend here?

35 comments:

  1. I'm definitely bookmarking this for the next 3 months...can't believe Harper is already 6 Months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoey loves her A+A security blankets too! I picked them up when they recently clearanced them out at Target... She does the same thing... rubs the edge of it on her cheek. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Harper outgrows swaddling my son loves the sleep sacks. And the boppy shopping cart seat cover

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this stroller :) Haven't had a chance to use it yet because he is still too small, but we push my nephew around in it since he is a few months older around the house haha. I want to get one of the giraffe teethers so bad before he needs it!! These all look like great products!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how old she is already, I know its fast when its your own but it feels like last month I came across your blog & you were doing weekly bump pictures. I would also have to second the ease of the plumb baby foods are so handy with little ones on the go :)

    Hannah
    cjnmommarazzi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, enough of this! You can't be posting anything and not include a picture of that sweet baby! You're breaking the rules :)
    But, I do love your reviews and suggestions... my little guy is only 2 months but it helps that you are ahead and can give me the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want both of those teethers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok you have to try the boon spoon tops that screw right onto the plum pouches! Also just try letting her suck it down. Our 9 months old started that soon after we gave him the pouches and I'm not sure there is anything cuter than watching him do it on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok you have to try the Boon spoon tops for the plum pouches! Surprisingly I found mine at the grocery store! We also let our 9 month old feed himself with them and it was adorable! And if you haven't checked out baby led weaning yet, it's worth reading up on. Our little guy is LOVING it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok you have to try the boon spoon tops that screw right onto the plum pouches! Also just try letting her suck it down. Our 9 months old started that soon after we gave him the pouches and I'm not sure there is anything cuter than watching him do it on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My baby, Quinn, is 24 weeks and she has been teething for awhile too. We found these vibrating teethers (ours is a butterfly) and she loves it. I think when she bites down and it starts to vibrate it is instant relieft for her sore gums. We found ours at Walmart, but I'm sure you could find them anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had the City Mini as well and loved it, but just recently opted to exchange it for the City Mini GT because of the sturdier wheels....and seriously LOVE EVEN MORE if that's possible. My hubby and I right there with you guys in recommending this stroller to anyone and everyone! Our little girl is just about 3 months and still a little too small to ride in the stroller, but we did buy the carseat adapter for the stroller and have been using it since day we brought her home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The jogger city stroller is one of the best investments I think I've ever made! How has Harper been transitioning to baby food? Has she liked most of what she's tried?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, the plum organic baby food pouches are awesome! They really do taste good and they come in some pretty cool flavor combinations. I also loved that you didn't have to dirty another bowl. The triplets have been loving them since they were six months old. They are now almost a year old (in two weeks, I can't believe it!) and we can just hand them the pouches and they such it down themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, I don't think you are lazy at all. In fact, I think you are one smart momma with the Plum food pouches. I also get those for E and they are great for when you are out running errands, in church and or they need a little extra snack. Another great product is the Boon Squirt Spoon! You fill it up ahead of time with your food! It's perfect for going out to dinner and not having to lug around a jar of baby food.
    The mesh teether and tablets were a godsend! I only wish I knew about those tablets when Elle was cutting her first tooth vs later on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to let you know that a friend of mine had a horrible experience with the Hyland's teething tablets. Her daughter, in the middle of playing, fell asleep and wouldn't wake up for more than a couple of minutes for like 2 days. They took her to the hospital and were investigated by Child Services because she had opiates in her system! They ran tests on the teething tablets and found that there are traces of opiates in them! I used them a couple times with my daughter and never had a problem but I would be careful about using them and personally will not be using them for my future children. Just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait until I can start buying things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your blog! Just stumbled upon it!

    I saw where you have the Mini City Baby Jogger. I am newly pregnant and have been researching between the Mini City Baby Jogger and BOB. My question to you is, do you like this stroller for an infant or do you have another stroller you use also? I know the Mini City Jogger has an attachment for a carseat so you could use it with an infant and was just wondering if it has been easy to use if you are using it. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot stop laughing that you squirt the dang squeeze pouch onto a spoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dried fruit is also a great teething "toy". Dried mangos, plums and apricots seem to work best around here! Also, have you tried the amber necklace for teething relief? good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Babies r us is having a 10 for $10 sale on plum food this weekend. We stocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very curious about the Baby Jogger City Mini -- have you used it to jog or used it on any gravel trails??? I'm looking for a good jogging stroller, mainly for walking a few miles a day and sometimes on a trail. Also, do you notice a difference by not having a bar and cupholder in front of your baby? I have heard people prefer having the cupholder, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The citi mini is not an actual jogging stroller and not recommended to be used that way. Baby jogger brand does make jiggers that are great though!

      Delete
  23. My mom always pureed fruit and breast milk then froze it in ice cube trays for the fresh food feeder. My baby sister LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My little mad is right behind your little Harper so I like looking at what your little one is going through as a heads up! We just started using the Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder as well and love it. We put frozen apples in it and it seems to help with Huxley's teething. Thanks for sharing!

    http://almalivinglovely.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the mesh binkie also! my MUST have is shout advanced for set in stains. this stuff is amazing for the occasional blow outs, baby food, spit up etc.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We have the city mini GT double stroller and I wish I could live in that thing! So easy to maneuver and so easy to jog with! My 4 year old jogs next to me so it's a family affair! You should share a post when you make your own baby food... I was SO skeptical but it's so easy to do and I'm kicking myself for doing this with my 3rd baby rather than my first! It's so easy and so rewarding knowing that you are making your baby her own food.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tried the teething tablets this week after reading your post and they really are a lifesaver, I am so glad you mentioned them. My son is almost 8 months old and these have made such a differnce and have helped him sleep so much better. Love hearing about all your favorite things and Harper of course.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We love our City Mini too. I'm going to have to grab those A+A security blankies. They look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that you've shared your roundup of favorite products. What other strollers did you look at? My blog is launching soon and I'll be talking about the process of figuring out the best products for new and expecting parents as I help my friend Julia figure it all out. She wanted a stroller that would fit her 40lb dog underneath. Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm incubating my own munchin and like these little lists you do, always good to read what things other new moms like. We're in the middle of picking out a stroller, OH THE DILEMMA.

    I've seen the Aden + Anais blankets mentioned here several times and other blogs too, they're definitely on my list to get. And how cute is Sophie the Giraffe? And how could I not get it, when my own name is Sophie?

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an awesome little feature! I'll definitely be saving these in my favorites for SOMEDAY! =D

    ReplyDelete
  32. This helps with teething http://pinterest.com/pin/75224256246050145/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Where do you go up make those cute collages? Your little family is BEAUTIFUL<3

    ReplyDelete
  34. Im debating between the Mini Citi and the BOB and after reading your blog I think I have decided on the Mini Citi but can you jog with the Mini???

    ReplyDelete