Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baby Fashion!

 Hi everyone! We are just getting settled into the new place, so bear with me as I get my ducks in a row to start posting again. I have gotten a lot of questions about Harper's outfits on instagram & via email, as well as some requests to post about our favorite places to shop! Love to share with you all - again though, please try not to post her photos to pinterest. I will try to include multiple images in each post so there is something else to post to pin a link! :) Thank you ALL so much!

I love, love, love shopping for fun baby outfits, but always on the lookout for good sales of course. Here's a breakdown of Harper's wardrobe staples:
  • Shop local! Iowa has a great shop called Raygun where you can get adorable onesies with fun sayings. If you do some digging you'll probably find something in your state or city as well! Green onesie is from Raygun & headband from Jameson Monroe
  • Shop in the big kids section! I buy Harper lots of shirts from the 18-24 month toddler section and she wears them as long tunic/dresses with leggings underneath. Granted, she is a good eater, so maybe she just fits into them? But it's fun because it broadens the selection of clothes they can wear to things outside of their own size. White glitter printed shirt & plum leggings are from the Gap.
  • Pants dont always have to go on the outside! Ok maybe they do, but I like them underneath! I think it is way cute, especially when the onesie has a fun image or design, then you can put tights or leggings underneath. Black Onesie is from BuyBuyBaby, teal leggings from the Gap & Chevron Bowtie Headband is from Jameson Monroe.
  • Rompers, rompers, rompers!! You can only get away with these in the summer, so stock up! They are seriously the cutest, easiest for babies to wear & fun to show off their little thighs! Pink & black dotted one is from the Gap.


 Below are some of my current favorites in stores these days! Harper wears the terry cloth rompers ALL the time from the Gap, they're so soft and easy to put on. The apple hat (and lots of other fruits and veggies!) are just too cute for the season and the cool summer nights. Threadless t's are at the gap, again, in the toddler section, but adorable with little leggings!

The green romper, our favorite, is available at the Gap and the white one at Old Navy. Both summer staples! The white & black polka dotted onesie is from Old Navy, and would be adorable with ANY color of leggings underneath - like the fuschia ones from Target shown below, that are sooo soft and comfy. We love them! The best part of all this, you can accessorize with cute summer sandals or headbands! :)

Next up, fourth of July fashion for your little GUYS AND GALS! :)

28 comments:

  1. SO so cute! I love all her little outfits. I'm definitely going to need to try out the leggings under the onsie..its adorable! she is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable, I have no doubt she would look adorable in anything, but you definitely dress her cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how creative you are! Buying a shirt a little larger is genius! It'll just fit that much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE baby clothes from Old Navy!! I have been shopping at the end of each season and get leggings, pants, shirts, onesies for as low as $.99!!! (yes, you read that right!) There have been SO many times I have almost paid full price but then end of season comes so I just get it in her size for the following year! All of Olivia's bathingsuits I bought last summer and they are all SO adorable and were like 80-90% off!!

    My fave places for Olivia's clothes are Children's place (especially for pjs and inbetween sizes!), Target, Old Navy. Janie and jack, baby gap and carters (for basics)! I also LOVE one little monkey on etsy, they have the BEST sales for accessories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper is just the cutest little thing! And you put her in the sweetest little outfits! Looking forward to seeing her fourth of July outfit : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is just too cute! love that green gap romper...i just ordered it for my little one the other day when they were having a 30% off sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the apple hat, where did you get it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally started putting the pants underneath my baby girl's onesies after I saw Harper's black/teal pic on Instagram - GENIUS! Pants/leggings on top totally cut off the look/cute onesie! You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harper's face in the second picture is hilarious and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the apple hat and the little Mexican looking outfit, so cute! :)

    Kristin

    www.dominicandeyoungs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at her little face! So cute! I can't wait to start dressing my little boy in cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so precious and you dress her so adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is such a cutie! I <3 her cubby little legs!! She sure is a Fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harper's just the cutest Georgia peach! I love that you take pride in her wardrobe, babies need to have style too! She's a lucky little girl :)

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!! Thanks for sharing!! Could you link to places you shop too, i feel your clothes are super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! I'm always on lookout for cute baby girl clothes and accessories. ;)

    Marissa
    The Simple Swan
    A Fashion, Beauty, and Maternity Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. whats the code you said you used to prevent people from copying or pinning pictures of harper?? i want to know it so i can add to my personal blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely LOVE reading your blog, you are such a fun mom! I was wondering if you could tell me of any blogs similar to yours that I could busy myself with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you're already looking for a 4th of July outfit! I picked out B's about a month ago :) haha Baby Gap has some pretty cute pick's for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I found a link to your blog on Pinterest earlier today and read the entire thing from the very first post! (I'm not creepy, promise!) I just wanted to write and say that you sound like such a great person and mother and I hope I can be half as fun and creative as you one day. Even though I'm only 20 and verrry single, reading about how much you love being a mom and how much you love your daughter has made me super excited to hopefully one day have my own children. Thank you for your candid and honest posts! God Bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are kinda lucky she is girl so you can accessorize and work with leggings! She is a total baby babe

    http://gandacummings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are so many different options for the Girls fashions. I like your blog. Good work keep it up !!!

    Swaran Jit

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a precious little girl! i love the idea of the larger tees as tunics!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't know what post to put this comment on, but this one is frickin' adorable, so it works!!

    I just wanted to stop by and mention how damn creative you are and I wish I was. Your blog is so inspiring in so many ways! I can't wait to go get a crappy picture from the DI and turn it into a chalkboard to practice my typography on! I've always wanted to do pregnancy progression photos when the time comes, but thanks to you I'm gonna take it to a whole new level! Thanks so much for sharing all that you have with all the strangers of the world [like me :P]! You've truly inspired me to make my future baby's arrival into the world the most fun, creative, and memorable experience possible. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love love love all these little outfits and your Fourth of July one, too. Found you via pinterest and I'll be back. Keep writing!


    www.greatproofreading.com
    When your blog has attracted too many followers to pretend it doesn't matter because no one's going to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the black and green outfit so much! I have a baby girl named Aria that is just a few weeks older than Harper and I am stoked to find your blog with all these fashion posts! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Harper is so cute! She looks perfect in the pink romper with ruffles :)

    ReplyDelete