Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

 As my pregnancy is coming to an end.. I thought I would share with you all of my favorite things that have made the last 9 months a little easier on me. I will be honest, I feel like I have had a crazy easy pregnancy. Never any morning sickness, slept pretty great the entire time & felt like my old self most of the time... up until the last two weeks of course. The final weeks are a horse of a different color :)

Sparkling Water in Bottles - The perfect alternative to all of the other things you can't drink while pregnant! Coffee in the afternoon, wine with dinner or a beer on a Saturday afternoon.. but with no calories! These are great to have around when you're with a bunch of people drinking too.. you have your own bottle of something to drink & it sort of gives you the same type of taste in your mouth.
Humidifier - We used the Crane Drop Humidifer (love it!) in our bedroom for most of my pregnancy. I started having a dry/stuffy nose in the second trimester & it lingered forever. The humidifier helps so much, also great for your skin, makes a little white noise to help you sleep AND has a soft glow when it lights up so you can find your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Mustela Stretch Mark Cream - This stuff has saved my skin! I know they say it is very much hereditary whether or not you get stretch marks...so I knew I was probably bound to get some. My doctor said my skin has stretched well but my belly is LARGE these days and so far thanks to this stuff, no stretch marks. I have plenty of stretch marks elsewhere thanks to my freshman fifteen ;) And it smells good! I gag at the smell of cocoa butter.
Mustela Mustela Stretch Mark Double Action
Olay Makeup Cleansing Wipes - Love these for all the nights that I am way too tired to wash my face before bed. My nightly routine has to be under 60 seconds these days or I will fall asleep in the bathroom.
Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy - Loved this book because it is so light hearted & funny...but really gives you some great insight on what to expect. The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy can be found here.
Water Bottle or Tumbler - Sounds silly but here is my reasoning...  it is recommended that you drink seven bazillion cups of water each day while pregnant. If you have a water bottle or tumbler that you LOVE.. you will be so much more likely to keep filling it up rather than just using a glass. Also helps to have something with a lid that won't spill so you can tuck it in your bed or couch cushions for the days that you are huge & immobile. I would recommend the cute tumblers from Starbucks or a Camelback...both are the shit.
Whole Fruit Bars - Very specific on this one. These are only 70 calories, loaded with real fruit & cure a serious sweet tooth. A great alternative to ice cream...or in my case Strawberry Jelly. I have maybe eaten thirty boxes of these over the last 9 months. Bonus, they were rated Fitness Magazine's Best Healthy Desserts.


My other words of wisdom:
  • Get a body pillow sooner than later. Helps so much with hip & tailbone pain.. sounds silly when you could just use 2-3 other pillows between your legs or under your belly... for some reason a full body pillow just works better! I got one for $10 at Target. Also, splurge on a cute pillowcase :)
  • I have LOVED all maternity clothes from the Gap...their leggings are amazing (I will probably continue wearing them for life) plus all of their maternity tanks & long sleeved shirts are sooo soft & fit so great. I'm actually bummed that I wont get to wear some of them anymore.
  • Endlelsly roaming around malls DOES count as cardio.. my doctor just told me that I am burning many more calories walking in these final days carrying around all the extra weight. Hmmm.. ok works for me!
  • One last tip.. Do not, under any circumstances, open the Victoria's Secret 2012 Swimsuit Preview catalog when you are shoveling lemon bars in your mouth like someone is going to steal them from you. Ladies, it is in the mail, it might be in your mailbox right now. This is considered a pregnancy fail.
That's all I got...hope that was helpful! Back with my 38 week picture tomorrow!

PS. It is almost VALENTINE'S DAY! Which means baby girl's arrival is getting closer & closer.... :)

37 comments:

  1. Speaking of Victoria's Secret, I'm about 6.5 months preggers and I tried on my little swim suit. Talk about a good laugh, all the wrong curves in all the wrong places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    I used the hurts bees wax momma belly cream and loved it. I never got stretch marks but had crazy, ugly spider veins. Luckily they went away but so not cute.

    EEKKS your little lady will be here any day!
    Hugs,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- the VS catalog comment cracked me up! I'm so happy for you that overall the pregnancy has been easy! So excited to meet lil baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are adorable. I hope when I get pregnant I remember to look back on this blog has a "friend" who is feeling the same way I probably will. Best of luck in the next couple of days. I'm a nurse so I've seen my helping of labor, but always always always hold onto the fact that your baby girl is your gift at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading The Girlfriends Guide To Pregnancy and agree with you....it is a 'must-have'. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your blog when I saw a friend had repinned your adorable chalkboard pictures on Pinterest and I literally sat here for an hour and a half and read all of your posts.....your nursery is gorgeous and most of your posts were hilarious! Congrats on the baby and I will definitely be following the last couple weeks now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I have been following your blog since baby girl G was the size of a plum! And i've realized over this past week that I am so anxious to see if you're in labor or not. I check your blog a couple times a day and when there is still no new post I think "oh my gosh its happening!"
    My request is that when you do begin labor, that you post a quick one line in your blog to keep us all in the loop! We are all so happy and excited for you and have enjoyed reading your blog. I can't wait till your pregnancy blog turns into a mommy blog!

    P.s. I celebrate holidays all month too :). Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm right there with you! LOVE the girlfriends guide to pregnancy and would recommend it to any prego mamas to be! Cant believe its getting so close for you!...which means its getting close for me because I'm less a month behind ya! ahhh! good luck love!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahaha!Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great tips and products! My friend used the same stretch mark cream and had great results as well! I don't think I'll be having a baby anytime soon but it's always good to know! Would you recommend it for pre and post pregnancy as well?

    xo Marie
    Chocolate & Wine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Whole fruit bars, water bottle with filter, body pillow, Gap maternity and walking the mall would all be on my list as well!! Good luck - you are soooo close. I'm due two weeks after you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHH! so close!! such good tips I'm saving this or ill just ask you :) cannot freaking wait I can't believe its down to days!! Miss you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. EEEK!!!! I am so excited for you, and so excited to find our her sweet little name!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love Love your blog! I'm a new mommy, and loving it. I wish I had stumbled across your blog a couple months ago while I was still preggers! Even though my belly is long gone (and yes, I do miss it at times!) I am still enjoying reading about your experience and can't wait to see your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) he he great stuff and don't worry you'll be in your lovely VS bathing suit by summer I'm sure. Your only belly, your tiny! Good luck with labor and birth! :)

    Natalie
    www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) he he great stuff and don't worry you'll be in your lovely VS bathing suit by summer I'm sure. Your only belly, your tiny! Good luck with labor and birth! :)

    Natalie
    www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought I was the only one who hates the smell of Cocoa Butter! I HAVE to get those fruit bars! I'm going to check my local grocery store today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many great tips!! Need to check out the humidifier and Mustela stat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can only hope to look so cute when I get pregnant one day. Just got married this November so we'll still probably wait a couple years but I'm saving your blog as a favorite, it is such a cute idea! Your sweet baby girl will love looking at these photos one day. Congratulations to you and your hubby! I'll say a prayer that you have an easy and safe delivery.

    ~Psalm 139: 13-18

    ReplyDelete
  20. I forgot how yummy those Whole Fruit bars are - Now I want one... And, just think how cute baby G is going to look on your hip when you do get your swimsuit on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog! You're adorable.
    Check mine out: http://amy-healthyblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't believe your journey is coming to an end! I've really loved following along and comparing everything with you (I'm a few weeks behind).
    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. is it weird that i want to get all of these things and i'm not even preggo? or trying to get preggo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just found out we were prego...will be stealing so many of your cute ideas! Including the whole weekly chalkboard pics!!!!!!! Hope you don't mind???????...but it's just too cute and makes weekly pics much less boring...as well as I love drawing on my chalkboard all the time anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  25. When did you start using your <ustela Double Action Stretch mark cream??

    ReplyDelete
  26. fantastic tips! You couldn't be a cuter pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here are some things I wish I would have brought to the hospital with me for my c-section...thought it might be helpful.
    -cute baggie shirts for after delivery
    -You will LOVE those mesh hospital underwear and will continue wearing them after you get home, so don't even bother packing your own.
    -All your favorite beverages-you can store them in the snack room
    -Mini standing mirror
    -shower flip flops/robe
    -ipod player!

    I wish i had these when i had my daughter. oh yeah, and this seems like a given, but a super soft newborn beanie and mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all of your tips!! I am 17 weeks and finally just broke down & got a body pillow (because I'm terrible at sleeping on my side so it keeps me in place). I got mine at Target too & I LOVE the super soft pillow cases.. definitely worth the splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LIVED OFF of whole fruit bars during my pregnancy! love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah! I love the sparkling water too.. and the fruit bars. I made the mistake of watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show this year... oh man, how in the WORLD do these model women look SO GOOD after giving birth?? Ugh, not fair. Anyway, you look adorable! Hopefully baby girl comes soooon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I, too, HATE the smell of coco butter! I wish I had read this sooner to save me from two things: buying said coco butter and longingly browsing through Victoria Secrets catalog. I've needed a humidifier for months, but keep putting it off. I'm due in May so I still have a few months to go. Can't wait for your little arrival! Did you happen to make a post about what you've packe in your hospital bag? I'd love some good suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I agree about the body pillow. I used three pillows when I was pregnant and with all of the getting up through the night it was a pain! =) You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your blog! Congrats on your beautiful baby.... Kind of weird to ask, but where did you get your cute jean jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your blog! I'm 4 months along with my first baby and everything is so new to me. Your blog and item suggestions are so helpful. I'll be sure to try that stretch mark cream and I agree with the fruit bars! Also thinking about adding the humidifier to my registry or just buying it at target. I've had a stuffy nose for the past few weeks and it would be great if i could just get it to go away! Thanks and good luck with your beautiful baby! :))

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am 7 weeks pregnant and I already have bought everything you suggested! The tumbler idea works perfectly for me, I have about 6 of the 32 oz ones and I drink water all day long. Just bought the mustela cream. I had cocoa butter with my first child and I got stretch marks, so hopefully this will help! I just ordered my humidifier from Amazon and I am excited to sleep with an un-stuffy nose. And the book was hilarious, I recommended it to all of my girlfriends. Thanks for a great blog, Harper is a doll and I get tons of great ideas from you! Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I used cocoa butter which did absolutely nothing to prevent stretch marks for me. I came out of my 2nd pregnancy with awful stretch marks on my stomach so thought I would Made from Earth's Aloe & Jojoba Therapy a try as recommended by my Dr. I have noticed that some of my stretch marks have faded quite a bit but I'm not sure if I should credit Made from Earth products for that or if the marks have faded on their own due simply to some time going by. I'm going to continue to use Made from Earth's Aloe & Jojoba Therapy in hopes that maybe they will fade even more

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stretch Mark Cream for Pregnant Women - Best for Pregnancy and Rapid Weight Gain - Top Mother's Select Formula for Removal of Stretch Marks, Cellulite, Unsightly Scars, and Fat Deposits - Proven Ingredients are 100% Safe - Smooth & Silky. Options are stretch mark cream, pregnancy stretch mark cream, pregnancy cream, stretch mark remover and stretch mark oil.

    ReplyDelete