Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Baby Shower & "New Mom Survival Kit"

While we were in Iowa, I had my baby shower hosted by family at my favorite bed & breakfast. I had the most amazing time & loved seeing all of my friends and family. Accomplishment of the century... I wore a dress AND heels for two full hours. 

I also ate four jelly donuts.

 Dress from Asos, Sweater & Belt from J.Crew

 It was on New Year's Eve in the morning so we had a brunch theme with lots of glitter & champagne. Obviously I was a bit jealous of all who got to drink it... But I did learn that Perrier sparkling water tastes extra yummy with frozen strawberries in it! :)


 
 One of my favorite gifts from my shower came from my best friend, Whitney, who just had a little boy in June. She put together a "Survival Kit" - all of the things that she doesn't leave home without! LOVE!!! I always wondered how I would ever get started packing a diaper bag..and this was beyond perfect!! She filled a giant gift bag with all of the items & attached notecards to each explaining how/why to use it! So, for all of you expectant mothers out there... enjoy her humor & list of all contents!!



Disposable Diaper Sacks: For all of those greenish-yellow runny blow-out diapers you wont want to put straight in anyone's trash!
Pacifier Wipes: For those fussy times where she will throw her paci on the floor.
Dreft Stain Remover: For those runny blow-outs that happen in those "she will only wear this to a nice place" expensive outfits!
Brica Baby Backseat Mirror: So you don't freak out while driving becuase you can't her her making noise - then you don't have to pull over every five minutes.
Baby Nail Files: For those nails you will have to clip super fast while she sleeps - trust me, you won't get a smooth trim!
Portable Changing Station; For those inconsiderate places with no changing table OR for those long drives where she blows out & you have to use your car as a restroom.
Boogie Wipes: For all of those crusted boogers that you don't want to pick with your bare hands.
Nipple Cream: For your crusted, cracked, sore, raw, red nipples... you will be gobbing this crap on inside your bra! Also good as chapstick :)
Hand & Face Wipes: For all of the messy stuff she will get into & try to put in her mouth. Also good to sanitize dropped toys & cart handles!
Soothing Nipple Wipes: For those sore, raw, soon-to-be leather nipples she will suction onto several times daily.
Milk Feeding Bibs: For those super messy bottle feedings ...so the milk doesn't curdle in her neck rolls.
Swaddle Wraps: For the times when your baby won't stop screaming or go to sleep unless she is wrapped up like a friggin' burrito...the tighter the better!

A few other things that we got for little G from the baby shower include lots of fun outfits (a few shown below!), Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio Car Seat, pack 'n play, My Brest Friend Pillow, boppy pillow, baby bottles, My Little Snugabunny Swing, baby monitor, baby tights (my serious obsession) & countless other adorable outfits and goodies!

Worlds biggest thank you to all who could attend & for all of the amazing, thoughtful gifts! I have never felt so blessed & thankful in my entire life... I can't wait for little G to get lots of use out of all these goodies!

Also, in the last few posts there have been questions about where things are from. The grey owl in the crib is from Pier 1 (and they still have them!) but unfortunately I am not sure what the name of the gray fabric is called that the blanket is made of... I literally just stumbled upon it. The outfits pictured above are Carters, Swimsuit from The Gap & pajamas by Koala Baby Organics. Again, WHY don't they make these things in my size?! :)

27 comments:

  1. you look great in your dress. What a fun baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little ruffle outfit is to die for! things like that makes me wish i had a girl ;)

    you look just fantastic! glad you had such a fabulous shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what great gifts! The survival kit is genius and cute! Looks like you had a lovely party and you look fantastic!

    Natalie
    www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great & thanks for posting the new mom survival kit! I had a friend help me register, but it's always fun to see other suggestions for "must haves"... You are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a mom to an 11 month old I can say that all of those items are ALWAYS in my bag! A tip about the nipple cream: in order to avoid the cracked, sore,raw nipples apply the cream (I used lansinoh in the purple containter) after EVERY feeding, starting in the hosiptal. Do not wait until you need to use the stuff, be proactive! I did that and never had nipple pains/bleeding/cracks, etc. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI!! I'm double posting on these pictures! I'm s glad you had such a great time at your shower! it looked amazing so wish I could've been there! but ill be sending baby G an overdue box of goodies asap ) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are soooo stickin adorable!
    Yes, those munchkin diaper sacks are wonderful and so are the boogy wipes. A plain wipe works as well but Elle never fussed when I use the boogy wipes so they are worth the extra $ and they smell really good! lol
    PS: Amazon moms has really good prices on diapers and wipes. You might want to check it out.
    PSS: Gripe water is good to have on hand so you don't have to send your husband out at midnight to go find an open CVS or Walgreens to calm a baby that has been crying for 3 hrs due to gas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi mom of a 15 month old and TTC #2. Gas Drops, gas Drops, Gas Drops... they are amazing! And once she gets a little older 4ish months Prune Apple Juice (4oz) every other day will keep the solid, painful stools away! I am sooooo enjoying following your blog which I as most have found through the lovely Pinterest. You are gorgeous! PS: Diaper Bag? Which did you pick? I love Diaper Bags I dont know why but I have like 6. lol

    www.ttcanothertc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great trip and shower. :)
    Diapers.com is a great site and typically fast shipping :) Plan on getting diapers at least every other week. It's great when they come right to your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all the tips!! Hubby got boogie wipes from his mom in his stocking this Christmas!! Stocking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! And what a wonderful gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beautiful! And such a great gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute!!! And that survival kit is amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the survival kit! I got a few of those things in my stocking this year. Just waiting on baby now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a wonderful shower!! I love that little baby swimsuit from Gap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay my sweet little blue outfit made your blog! haha! it was a joy seeing you and that sweet bump at your shower:)
    another thing to add to the survival kit (what a great gift!): hyland's teething tablets! they work not only for teething but also for restlessness & fussiness that can't be calmed. and - BONUS - they're homeopathic!
    oh, and California Baby calendula cream. that shit rocks my face off.
    not much time left now friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your blog is way too cute. TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a neat shower! I hope I look like that one day when I'm prego!

    Where did you find your dress? I LURVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to know where you got your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a new follower!

    what a GREAT gift that your friend made you!!

    Olivia has that Gap bathing suit, Oh MY GOSH it is BEYOND adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha i love the mirror explanation- SO TRUE! one time... when baby girl was wearing mittens she was making tons of noise {she sings in the car} and then it was all of a sudden silent, i SWORE the suffocated herself with her mittens i wanted to pullover SO BAD... but didnt... b/c then i would be a crazy mom, right!? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. This blog makes me so happy. I am so glad to see how much you love your baby already.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so cute! We're definitely planning on using it in a baby shower in about 4 weeks. The mother-to-be's little sister is a very talented clay sculpturer and we're really excited to see what she can do with it...!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is the cutest pregnancy blog! I love the little blue outfit with the red/pink trim. What brand is it? I would love to get one for my little girl on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the cutest pregnancy blog! I love the little blue outfit with the red/pink trim. What brand is it? I would love to have one for my little girl on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are phenomenal...I love this blog! What part you ask? ALL of it! Everything is soooo cool! I wish my now 6 month old had a mom that thought of all of this! lol Better late than never? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  27. How do you like your Preg Preggo car seat?

    ReplyDelete