Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nursery Inspiration

 Just a few more of my favorite nurseries out there!

 I love the stuffed animals (especially the dark pink corduroy cat!)  & the alphabet cutout in this pic. I spent a few hours trying to track it down & bookhou is where I eventually found it. I think I saw something similar on Land of Nod at one point, but can't seem to find it now.

{ image via pinterest }
 
This picture caught my eye because of the stars, but I am also a big fan of the fairy lights. I ordered some last week to string on one of the shelves that we are painting. Hopefully the other shelf in the room will be lit up with the Gnome Alone night light that I still want so badly! :)

{ image via pinterest }

Love the white trees painted on the grey walls below, have debated doing something similar  since I've always been such a huge fan of trees/branches as decor... not sure if our grey is dark enough for the white to pop. Also, tissue poms are my FAVORITE, I have been hard at work making a bunch to hang from the ceiling! :)

 { image via pinterest }

Also love the accordion style lanterns in the below nursery! That wall color is gorgeous with the pastel pinks & of course the name on the wall is awesome! Once we do decide on a name (and thank you for all of your suggestions!!), I can't wait to put it up on the wall behind the crib. Still trying to decide what type of letters to use, I love the galvanized ones from anthropologie, but yikes they are pricey!!

{ image via pinterest }

Do you keep an ipod dock or some sort of music in the nursery? The picture above reminded me that we should probably find something to play music & download some good lullabies.

Earlier this year, I decided that I wanted to learn how to play the ukulele. I bought one & learned to (roughly) play some Jack Johnson songs. I have been so busy with work & my etsy shop on the side that I haven't had much time to play. I hope to pick it up again soon & practice so maybe I can play some fun jams for little G one day :)

17 comments:

  1. What lovely nurseries!
    We just sealed the deal on 2 bedroom apartment which we are moving into at the end of the month. I am just SOOOO over the moon excited to start designing the baby's room! And after tomorrow I can start dreaming of either pink/blue.
    I love the grey walls with white decals. Im going to be doing something along those lines for sure.
    I didn't even think of putting any sort of cd/mp3 player in the room! Thanks for that reminder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute nursery inspiration!!! Have you ever heard of Rock-a-bye baby?? I downloaded a bunch from iTunes when I was pregnant. The renditions of the popular songs are so soothing. My daughter also falls asleep to Jewels Lullabyes cd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kitty in the first picture looks a lot like the one my daughter has, it's a JellyCat here's the link it's kinda similar

    http://jellycat.com/usa/roy3c/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those nurseries are so cute! I may use some of those ideas for my 3 year olds bedroom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started following your blog from pinterest after seeing your amazing the chalkboards you do. I absolutely love "Baby Mine: Classic Songs for bedtime." My parents bought me this while I was pregnant with my little girl and I was pretty doubtful I would ever use it. It ended up being so helpful in soothing my daughter as we established a bedtime routine where I would rock her for a 2-3 songs before laying her down for bed. She then would fall asleep to it (i used an old laptop to play). There is 1 song that I don't enjoy, the rest are wonderful. I am 4 weeks behind you, so it is fun to see what you are doing with your nursery and pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe I was just going to comment to you about the Rockabye Baby music and saw Kim did first :)

    http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com

    I was at a baby shower today and they played it the whole time, "Journey". So cool!
    Cute nursery ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can get letters cut out of wood for really cheap at cheapcuts.com it can say whatever you want in any font! just thought i'd let ya know!! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across these awhile ago on Pinterest. Perhaps you could make your own Anthropologie letters:

    http://346living.com/2011/06/06/letter-art/

    Congratulations on your bundle-to-be! You're almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your blog via Pinterest, and i LOOOOVE it! =)
    I have a 14 month old son and i documented my whole pregnancy as well, photos, updates, the whole 9 yards (haha, 9 months?)in a similar fashion.. You are doing an amazing job at looking GORGEOUS your whole pregnancy through and i can't wait to see that finished nursery for your little girl!
    Are you on Pinterest??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wait they have this same wood cut alphabet on bookhouathome on etsy! Just thought i'd let you know again, haha cause I saw it on etsy and thought of your blog. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. something about the soft pink stars melts my heart for a little lady's room.

    We don't have a iPod dock in Elle's room. We go back and forth on it but when she was first born- 6-7 months we used the sleep sheep. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should check out this little etsy shop. They have really cute nursery pictures. http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.273138952.jpg

    And on the iPod dock, for my son we went with the JBL pod. Its stylish, sleek, small, has an aux cord, and you can get different colors and patterns for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute blog! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the baby, adorable name.

    Jodie
    Richwood, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having a way to play music in the nursery is a great idea. I highly recommend it. And get some sort of white noise track that works for baby. I use my phone and wished so many times I had a track I could leave on in the room. I ended up just getting the soothing sounds giraffe for #2. =) The contented baby app is a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that in one of the nursery pictures the name on the wall is Harper and that was before you picked a name (I believe). So cute! I love that picture as well, can't wait to have my own little one some day so I can go crazy over the nursery.

    ReplyDelete