Sunday, November 27, 2011

27 Weeks



How far along? 27 Weeks
Total weight gain: 17 lbs+
Maternity clothes? maternity leggings, sweatpants & the hair tie trick still allows me to wear my old jeans.. but got a few gap maternity shirts that fit so awesome!

Stretch marks? no, knock on wood!
Sleep: still sleeping great, sometimes I sleep so deep that I don't even wake up to pee! woohoo!!
Best moment this week: Thanksgiving dinner + leftovers! Was so excited to eat cold turkey on bread the next day!

Miss Anything? our Thanksgiving hosts had such an amazing collection of delicious cocktails, wine, beer & champagne which made my mouth water... BUT instead I drank an entire bottle of sparkling cider which was amazing since I crave apple flavored everything all the time! 
Movement: all the time, still trying to figure out what big lumps are her head or her bum! :)
Food cravings: still everything sweet! This week's lineup consisted of more french toast, key lime pie & dipped pretzels...which are dangerously addicting! Also bought a donut cutter yesterday & found an awesome healthier recipe for baked donuts... I'm sure they will be the shit!
Anything making you queasy or sick: still feeling grossed out by red meat.. and hot coffee is getting to me again. bummer!
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn all day every day... tums helps & so does milk. Other than that, I still get pain in my lower ribs, but as long as I sit up very straight, it goes away pretty quickly.
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!
Looking forward to: the Holidays!! I love this time of year so much, picking out (and cutting down)our tree next week at a tree farm here in GA (Griswold style!!), then some Christmas parties (dress shopping!) & going home to spend almost two weeks with our family in Iowa. Pretty nervous about the 12 hour road trip, but if I feel as good as I do now, it should be a piece of cake.

13 comments:

  1. I never had to get up to pee either! It was amazing, then at about 36 weeks I did and I was so bummed. But I never had any sleep problems which I have heard horrible stories about so that was good! I hope you don't either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my father-in-law says that if you drab ahold of the "lump" and the entire baby moves, it's the butt. but if you grab it and only the lump moves, it's the head:) (my mother-in-law had 5 homebirths ...and he actually delivered 2 of the babes... so he had to be extremely in-tune with her pregnancies)
    you look great, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog! You are only a couple days ahead of me in your pregnancy, it's nice to follow along to see someone else is going through the same things. Oh, and your belly is adorable :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh good luck with the 12 hour road trip, I can't imagine being pregnant on a road trip. Crazy! Have fun though and you look so cute with your baby bump! : )

    Natalie
    www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 hrs is nothing!!! We drove from Central Texas to Ohio and that's like 18 hrs and it was nothing!!! but i was only 19wks pregnant at the time, BUT my son never gravitated upwards in my 2nd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great!! Awesome you're still in your pre-maternity jeans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look adorable! question: what brand/shade of grey did you use for the nursery? im looking for a light grey, and you mentioned yours was light. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog recently and I've loved reading all of your posts :) My husband and I have started trying for a baby and your posts are so encouraging! I've heard so many stories about how awful pregnancy is so its really nice to hear about the good parts and get a weekly play by play of how you're adapting to it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree about the glucose test - I love Sunkist, so I naturally chose orange as well and it wasn't bad at all. I passed way under the mark and eat sweets all the time :) my daughter is definitely going to have some chubby cheeks! I too have craved nothing but apples, pancakes and french toast - cracker barrel has the most amazing apple butter french toast right now - you should definitely go get some!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have one adorable baby bump! And that chalkboard of yours is fabulous! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute! you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your blog through Pinterest a few months ago, and now it's bookmarked on my laptop! I love reading about your journey with your sense of humor and honestly. I'm 14 weeks today, and I have had FAR from an easy road so far, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one missing the beers (ESP ESPECIALLY DURING COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON...WHAT A CRIME!!) Best of luck to you and your sweet little family. I can only hope to be "all belly" like you one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

    Here is my homepage stansport earthquake/Survival family kit

    ReplyDelete