Thursday, November 24, 2011

26 Weeks

I know I am one week behind on posting - I have been so busy with work & holiday party invitations that I haven't had time to blog at all! 27 Week mark was on Wednesday, plan to upload the pic & post while stuffing my face with Thanksgiving leftovers this weekend :)

How far along? 26 Weeks
Total weight gain: 17 lbs+
Maternity clothes? wearing leggings most of the time - also looking extra sexy by flipping up my yoga pants fold-over-flap up over my belly

Stretch marks? not yet
Sleep: sleeping great, I do wake up with sore hips & shoulders from sleeping on my side, but I really have to say that buying a tempur-pedic earlier this year might be a life saver right now
Best moment this week: making major progress on the nursery (crib finally came!) & having Thanksgiving dinner a week early

Miss Anything? drooling over the seasonal beers at the grocery store these days.. also starting to miss going for a good solid run or a sweaty workout.. I don't have the energy to do much these days in terms of working out, not to mention the dr. recommends not doing anything too strenuous. Looking forward to getting in shape in the spring :)
Movement: all the time, we are so entertained feeling her move around when we lay in bed at night. She is definitely a night owl.. mostly moving late at night, when I wake up in the middle of the night I feel her & also she is a wiggle worm early in the morning. I'm sure that's a little preview of my soon-to-be sleep schedule in a few months.
Food cravings: french toast!! Smelled like maple syrup outside, therefore I immediately had to make it for dinner - turns out my glucose test was the next morning so before I went to bed I read the instructions for the next day ...apparently you're supposed to "eat a very balanced dinner the night before your test, with lots of fruits, veggies & protein." Well... fucked that up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: tacos - still pissed about the gross tacos & horse fly incident.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Rib pain is getting pretty uncomfortable these days.. assuming that is only going to get way worse. Heartburn lingers ALL day long no matter what I eat... cereal & milk for breakfast? Boom! Heartburn. Fantastic.
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? on - so surprised I don't have swollen fingers/toes yet. Although I have some real sausages to begin with, so I'm not sure how much worse they can get.
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY! Sometimes I feel like I might burst with happiness...sounds cheesy... but so true.
Looking forward to: more turkey, black Friday shopping, starting our classes at the hospital...and going to Iowa for the Holidays! :)



Side note about the Glucose Test for Gestational Diabetes - It was not that bad!! I heard sooo many horror stories about how awful the stuff tastes & how torturous it is to sit there with only that on an empty stomach. Honestly, it tasted like I woke up & slammed a flat Orange Sunkist soda. I didn't mind it at all. The only thing that sucked was that I couldn't eat breakfast...  I wanted a jelly donut so bad. And for the record, I did eat apples & egg whites with my french toast the night before.. so doc said it should not skew my results one bit. Hoping I pass with flying colors so I can safely indulge in sweets for the rest of my pregnancy.

19 comments:

  1. Go to motherhood maternity or one of those places and get a pregnancy pillow, it will totally helP with the sore hips and shoulders! It basically supports your whole body. They're amazing! Oh and with the heartburn I feel your pain. I wish I could give you a wonderful suggestion for making it go away but unfortunately I cannot! I popped the chewable tums like they were candy. I want through the huge bottles in a couple days! I got heartburn from drinking water even. And Zantac didn't work for me! I hope it gets better... But I can't say for sure that it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about those seasonal beers. My husband found this blueberry ale from Trader Joes that he teases me with all the time. It smells amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the stuff you have to drink for the glucose test tasted pretty good too :) Definitely tastes like orange pop and I was super thirsty so it was great for me :) BUT if you end up having to take the 3 hour test you're definitely starving by the time you get out... That was torture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you pass the glucose test! I agree, the drink was not as bad as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking absolutely stunning with that cute belly :) Hope the test went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May or may not help you, but I had horrible heartburn during my pregancy. It got so bad that every time I bent over I would throw up stomach acid. Anyway, my Dr prescribed me 150mg of Zantac twice a day, every day - whether I needed it or not. Worked quite well for me, but on the rare occasions that I needed some more help, I'd drink a shot of Diovol.

    -Elle from http://allicanthinkisthisismylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!! Glad to hear you're still super happy and that Baby Girl is moving around a ton! What a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. New reader here! I just wanted to tell you how ADORABLE these pictures are! And you look gorgeous! Your blog is giving me tons of ideas... My husband and I are trying for baby #1! Best of luck to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to see the crib and nursery progress! Love your posts. You look adorable as always. You've looked cute and pregnant since week 13, whereas I'm just now starting to look pregnant in my 20th week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. look at that bellyyy!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. My doctor told me to take up to 12 Tums a day for my heartburn. The smoothie ones are way better than the original-chalky kind. Heartburn is like a blessing in disguise. My Max came out with a head full of beautiful long black hair. (http://theeblackwells.blogspot.com/2011/04/week-one-two.html)

    The best part was that his hair didn't rub off or fall out like it does for most babies. 7months later his hair is even more beautiful than when it started. (http://theeblackwells.blogspot.com/2011/11/message-to-all-veterans.html)

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to hear! i was wondering why everyone says that test is so awful...i mean how bad could drinking flat sunkist be?! I have mine coming up in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your blog! You look adorable! Im 19 weeks pregnant (first time) so its fun to read along with you! Where did you get your tops?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this outfit!! Where did you get the shirt and sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! I love your chalkboard updates and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are adorable, lady! the sausage finger comment made me spit out my coffee this morning. haha. not too long to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jessica, you are too cute! I just found your blog on pinterest! I'm actually prego with baby #2...you have so many cute idea. Love this blog :) Also curious where you got this top & sweater?? LOVE! Is it maternity?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aimee & Tiffany - the tops are both from Express. They're not maternity, but all of express stuff fits really well with a big belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How tall are you, Jessica? I know it's such a random question....lol

    ReplyDelete