Monday, November 14, 2011

25 Weeks

Note to self - pack away the horizontal striped shirts until next year.


How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain: 17 lbs+
Maternity clothes? still wearing most of my old clothes - using the ol' hair tie trick to hold my jeans closed.

Stretch marks? not yet
Sleep: still sleeping great
Best moment this week: just feeling overly excited/happy about everything right now & the reality that babygirl will be here in less than 100 days (unless I deliver way late..) Just trying to soak it all in!

Miss Anything? would certainly have loved a frosty cold beer during this fun football weekend :) also hit up dunkin' donuts this weekend to fulfill my jelly filled donut craving & was drooling over the turkey flatbread.. definitely need to put that on my "after-baby" menu
Movement: all the time, it's fun to see her moving from the outside, or when her head is right in the middle of my stomach & we can see a big lump there
Food cravings: still sweets & fruit - I eat a bag of sliced apples a day....sometimes dipped in cream cheese frosting..BUT it's the healthy thought that counts, right? :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: tacos - really any sort of ground beef sort of turns me off lately.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: the round ligament pain has subsided, but the rib pain is still around. worst of all - HEARTBURN. I get it a few times a day from anything I eat. If the old wives tales are true, little G will be born with as much hair as I currently have right now.
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY! Although I did have a bit of a moody-pregnancy-meltdown the other night when there was a horsefly in the house buzzing all around our heads when we were trying to watch tv. Topped with me gagging trying to eat a taco that I wasn't aware would gross me out - it ended with me chucking a bag of tortilla chips across the room & going upstairs to cry. WTF? Talk about an overreaction.
Looking forward to: the crib got held up at the warehouse - so still looking forward to it's arrival. But most of all, excited that this is my husband's LAST week of traveling before the baby comes & my parents are coming for some pre-Thanksgiving festivities this weekend! Can't wait to cook lots of good food, shop til my ankles can't take it anymore & spend time with my family :)

23 comments:

  1. Oh I totally know how you feel. I'm 15 weeks along and I had my first hormonal meltdown the other day. I really wanted a crepe and I could not find the crepe maker instruction booklet anywhere. So I slammed the cupboard door and went to my bed and bawled hysterically for a half an hour, then came out of my room to find delicious hot crepes all ready. My husband rocks.

    Love your blog and your cute belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love following your blog and your honesty! My husband and I aren't trying until March so its fun to "go through" this with you and see your experience! Thanks for sharing and God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower. I found you on Pinterest ! Congrats on your baby girl to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, I've noticed you are pretty tan, just curious if you were tanning or using some sort of tanning product. I was very pale for my first pregnancy and always wanted to have a tan but just never looked into a safe way while pregnant! Wanting to know your tricks?

    Thank you much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze lotion on my face & arms- maybe like once a week? Then on top of that I just use my regular bronzer when I put on make up (NARS brand) on my face.

    I have a lot of skin cancer in my family so have not been in tanning bed in at least 5 years & wear tons of sunblock when outside. My doctor said using regular lotion self tanners is definitely safe, seems like the spray tan booths are concerning just because of the fumes but I'm not really sure. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica,
    Your blog is amazing... I look forward to each new post and then find myself wanting more. An idea was born... do you think you could do a posting of some of your favorite pregnancy blogs? Loving yours like I do, I've been searching for others but haven't seen any that compare. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that about your family! I unfortunately do tab every once in a while in the tanning beds, I've tried sun laboratories self tanner but didn't like how it looked a few days after applying it! I will have to try that lotion, it looks very natural on you! Thank you for the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use that tanning lotion too! I used it all through both of my pregnancies, it is very natural looking and was voted as one of the top ten self tanners in one of the Allure Beauty Issues. Love your blog by the way, I find myself laughing out loud often. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have great thanksgiving time planned! Lots of fun! Enjoy yourself and you still look lovely lovely!

    Natalie
    www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great mama! I just can't wait to start feeling my little one move around. I miss turkey flat breads too... I miss ALL smoked meat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic my dear!!! Love all of this she'll be here so soon and I cannot wait to meet the little one and see you as a mom!! thanks for taking me along this ride w/u it meant/means so much to me!!
    miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this chalk board idea! SOOOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you do not need to worry about wearing horizontal stripes! You look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog and came acrossed it on pinterest. You're honesty and excitement are so fun to read. Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw on a very reliable source (TLC between episodes of A Baby Story) :-) That the old-wives tale of heartburn=baby hair is actually grounded in some fact. Though not true for everyone, heartburn in pregnant women seems to be caused by elevated levels of estrogen, the same hormone that causes hair growth, so it is very possible that your baby girl could have luscious locks at birth. I pop Tums like they were Tic-Tacs, so I'm in the same boat as you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found your blog on Pinterest and I have to say these weekly quizzes crack me up! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I just clicked on a cute nursery photo someone pinned on pinterest from one of your posts (which you apparently originaly found on pinterest too!)...anyway, I stayed and scrolled a little when I saw your adorable weekly update pics. I haven't read old posts yet, so you may have covered this; But I'm a huge typography nut, and your 'hands' (handwritten fonts/typefaces) are really beautiful! I was just wondering if you'd share a little on that. Are they totally free-hand on your own, or do you use or stencil actual typefaces that we can find elsewhere too? Just curious how you make such pretty signs each week. I may just follow along now, cause your blog looks super cute and fun!
    Thanks, Krystal :)
    Andrew-and-Krystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What I would like to know is who is doing the amazing writing on the blackboard?!? Are you using a stencil ;) Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok a friend just forwarded your blog to me to show your chalkboard idea, so stinkin' cute! And just a tip, you look cute in stripes and pregnant, def can pull it off so no sweat! I only wish I will look that good when my day comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do yоu mіnԁ if I quοte a few of youг artіclеѕ
    aѕ long аs I prοvіde credit and souгces back to youг sitе?
    Ϻy wеbsitе is in the veгy same niсhe
    as yоurs and my userѕ wοuld gеnuinely benefit from ѕоme of the infοгmаtion you ρroѵidе here.
    Pleаse let me knoω if this alright wіth уou.
    Chееrs!

    my pagе: bigger boobs naturally

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haѵe yоu ever thought abοut іnсluding a
    littlе bіt morе than just your artіcles?

    I mean, what уоu saу іs fundamеntal and all.
    However think of if уou addeԁ some great
    images oг ѵideo cliрs to givе yοur ροstѕ moгe, "pop"!
    Your content іs excellent but with imаgеs and
    viԁeos, this websіte could certainly be onе of the
    verу bеѕt іn іts field. Fantastіc blοg!


    Herе іs my website: how to jump higher fast

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I cοuld havе swoгn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's nеw to
    mе. Anyωays, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll bе book-marking аnd checking back оften!


    Reѵiew my page; wood projects that are simple

    ReplyDelete