Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our Third Anniversary

 Today, my husband & I celebrate our third wedding anniversary. 

Three years ago today, we were stuffing our faces with Happy Joes Pizza, sipping cocktails with all of our friends & family, and enjoying our first night as Mr. & Mrs. We have spent the last three years living in Sunny Florida, traveling, building our careers & drinking on the beach.

Today, we feel all grown up. Expecting our first baby in just a few short months.

Seems like just yesterday we were in high school on our first date. The years have flown by, through all of the good times & bad, we find ourselves happier than ever. He always pours my coffee in my favorite miniature animal mug, drives out of his way to pick me up cake flavored frozen yogurt on a Saturday morning & knows all the words to Hocus Pocus. He lets me get away with never folding or matching socks & never complains when I decorate for holidays two months ahead of time. I love him more than I ever have in my life. I just know he is going to be the BEST dad in the whole entire world & I can't wait for it!!
I feel so blessed & thank God every day for giving me such an amazing husband.

Cheers (with my glass of milk!) to three amazing years!


  1. Happy Anniversary I remember picking you guys up from the airport :) I love this post your happiness jumps from the page!!

  2. Hello, I have come across your blog and I love it! I actually came across it through Pinterest where you have posted a few things that have really caught my attention, especially the baby/nursery items. I have to ask, where in Iowa are you from, because I'm from Dubuque Iowa and you just mentioned Happy Joes pizza and of course being in Iowa it's my favorite. We just had it last night for supper actually. Nacho Joe, it's my favorite.

    I'm also pregnant, 16 weeks today! It's my first and I've never been happier, we, unfortunately, had to go through IVF but it was successful the 1st time around, thank God! I have 2 step children who are 18 and 14 so this is all new to me and will be for my husband again.

    I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog and I hope all is well with the rest of your pregnancy. I'm due April 4th not too far behind you. I feel great and can't wait to find out what we are having!

    Good luck.


  3. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy celebrating your special day together!

  4. Happy anniversary! So weird, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary one day (and two years) before yours, so we just had our 1st anniversary this week. Just when you thought you couldn't love someone more, you go and have a baby with them =) I'm also entering my 20th week and looking forward to our ultrasound tomorrow! Cheers!

  5. Aw, we share an anniversary! Same year & everything. ;) I found your blog off Pinterest & I have to say I love your little pregnancy posts & pics! I wish I'd have thought of that a year ago! We had our first daughter Feb. 10 of this year. So we have a few things in common, eh?! Congrats & good luck on your pregnancy!

  6. What gorgeous photos! Happy anniversary to you and your hubs!!!


  7. I know it is a month late but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both. I am so happy for you two to have found each other and am looking forward to being Great Auntie Tine! XOXO

  8. How lovely ! :) You seem to be a wonderful couple ! All the best to you on your happy journey ! <3

  9. I have loved and followed your blog for so long... and then, while visiting archives for fun, I see this post and realize we have the same anniversary! Which makes sense, considering our overwhelming love of Fall!! So you your five year is coming up! Happy early anni!!!