Thursday, September 8, 2011

16 Weeks

Found out Wednesday, September 7th that we are having a baby GIRL!! Can't even begin to describe my excitement.... We are SO happy & love knowing more about the little person that we are so excited to meet! Boys run in my family so I thought I might have a boy first... but I had a hunch all along that it was a girl. So excited to start buying headbands & nursery decor!! :)


How far along? 16 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 6 pounds gained - up from 111 to 117
Maternity clothes? still just rocking the maternity leggings so far
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping great, minus waking up to pee every night at 3 am.
Best moment this week: finding out that baby G is a SHE! :)
Miss Anything? being pregnant & not able to drink during football season should be a crime... I am pretty sure I drooled all over myself picking up a 12 pack of Oktoberfest for my husband the other day
Movement: Feeling it just a little each day!
Food cravings: Fruits & sweets still ... guessing all the sugar is contributing to my weight gain more than the growing babe in my belly... what you're not supposed to eat four bowls of chocolate cherios for breakfast??
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee.. what a shame.. I can't wait to enjoy it again.
Have you started to show yet: still just a little bump
Gender prediction: Girl.. and I was right! I have had so many dreams recently having a baby girl who looks just like me when I was a baby... weird but I always wake up so happy!
Labor Signs: No (I will shit when I finally say yes to this question.. so nervous!!)
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Feeling more movement & finally being able to do some shopping!


20 comments:

  1. :)!!! I m so excited BABy G is a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my dear now you know! I am thrilled to be Great-Auntie Tine to your little princess Marvin! LOL You look beautiful and I look forward to you posts every week to see your progress in the the baby bump dept! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm yes you will become addicted to buying headbands!

    Yay, so happy for you on the little lady!
    PS: Not sure if I told you or not but a fun book to read is
    Sippy Cups is not for Chardonnay
    One of the funniest pregnancy books I have ever read!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog! It is so cute, I am just 2 weeks behind you and my little babe is due the beginning of March. :)
    Q: Where did ya get the chalkboard?? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Found your blog through pinterest! Your chalkboard idea is AWESOME!! I'm due March 28, 2012. It'll be nice to follow along with someone who's going through similar experiences :)

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also found your blog through Pinterest! Such a cute idea and you are so creative with each week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute blog! Saw your chalkboard idea on Pinterest.. Planning on following along - I just got married in May and am having serious baby fever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the super sweet comments!! No name yet - but the list is LOOOOOOONG! :) Ashley - there is a link in the last post for the chalkboard tutorial.

    BenlovesJess-Congratulations!!! You are right behind me, so hopefully you find some of my posts helpful, especially all of the other readers comments with great advice & tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you, so excited about your baby girl. She's going to be so spoiled and loved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your blog on Pinterest and am already falling in love. This chalkboard idea is completely GENIUS and you are gorgeous.

    Congratulations on the girl!!! I am so excited to have found your blog and to follow along on your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeee!! Congratulations!! Girls are SO MUCH AMAZINGNESS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Congrats! I have a silly question... how to you get your lines so clean? Do you use chalk pens or something? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, we might be the same person.... I just discovered your blog from Pinterest and am in awe. My name if Jessica and last week when I found out I was pregnant I was too embarrassed to admit to anyone other than my husband that I'd miss drinking SO MUCH! haha I too am a drinking during a football game (ok all day Saturday and Sunday) kinda girl. Although I am a Michigan fan. Sadly, I miscarried the baby but we are going to keep trying (bow chicka wow wow) and I look forward to reading about your pregnancy journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog through Pinterest and am so envious of your chalkboard! What a great idea for weekly updates! My husband and I are expecting as well and are due in February and just found out last week we're having a boy! I need to start weekly updates but have been too lazy- haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found you through Pinterest and I have to tell you that you are the most creative person ever! I LOVE your chalkboard! That little girl is going to be SO stylish. Congratulations. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heidi - just got the book, so great!! Thanks for the recommendation!

    Bridgette - nope, just regular chalk & lots of patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your blog. Its super adorable and so creative. Congratulations on your baby girl. :) Im also pregnant and due on feb 22. Makes it even more fun to follow you. Ive been dieing for a recent post. I wanna see how big that baby bump has gotten. 18 weeks now? right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. A friend forwarded me your site and now I'm inspired to also add weekly updates and belly pics on my own baby blog, in addition to my other posts. It's such an easy/creative way to share my pregnancy progress with friends and family, especially those who live in other parts of the world. Your chalkboard idea is amazing, and I'm going to do something similar using a dry-erase board instead. Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy (looks like we're along the same timeline - I'm 18 weeks today)! Thanks for the inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK, so were did you get this T-Shirt? I love the longer sleeves, and how long they are. I am 13 weeks, and I have such a long torso nothing is fitting nice.

    ReplyDelete